About the job
Job Req ID:
Risk, Compliance and Assurance
Aberdare, United Kingdom
Competitive with great benefits
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
Why This Job Matters
BT works in a regulated environment and sells products that require assurance. This role is to define and implement an IT Controls framework that is appropriate for Digital, that meets current needs and is adaptable for future areas of growth.
Digital has risk obligations that cover Data GDPR, Financial statement and Cyber risk. The definition, governance and lifecycle management of a framework is a Risk and assurance requirement.
A breach against the above risks will result in legal action, fines, reputational and shareholder damage to BT.
- Supporting the Senior managers in Risk and compliance team.
- Working as part of a small team of ICOFR controls and assurance specialists.
- Supporting the control matrix and remediation plans. Supporting Impact assessment reviews.
- Supporting application onboarding process and plan.
- Performing control design & implementation, test preparation and operations.
- Managing stakeholders across 3 Lines of Defence.
- Helping to establish horizon scanning for new emerging risk.
- Creating and maintaining a health dashboard for applications and ICOFR Controls. This is to inform programme decision making.
- Stakeholders will be senior managers responsible for ICOFR controls (MDs, Platform Directors and Senior Management Team Members).
- Ensuring that requirements, timelines, quality of information requirements are all understood and delivered by responsible directors.
Skills And Experience You’ll Need
- We are looking for an ambitious and well organised manager to grow in this role with a view to leading in Digital’s Risk and Compliance journey. Working with a tight knit team of IT control specialists. We don’t expect you to be an IT controls expert but to have the appetite to learn. Some training in framework methodology is available.
- To be able to work with business sponsors and IT technical delivery teams to drive complex IT controls.
- You will be able to demonstrate a track records of getting results from matrixed teams.
- To be able to manage stakeholders in a complex environment of business and audit risk demand.
- Good knowledge of risk management and BT Enterprise Risk Management practices would be an advantage.
- Experience of ICOFR controls, compliance controls and frameworks to ensure assurance through the three lines of defence model is an advantage.
- A good competent grounding in IT tools, Excel, and Access.
- The ability to develop, present and update a dashboard of IT health status, both applications and IT controls.
- CISA, CISSP or similar.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in audit methodologies (CIA would be beneficial).
- Knowledge of IT frameworks and methodologies ITIL, COBIT, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of SAP
- 25 days annual leave.
- 10% target bonus.
- Competitive employee discount on BT/EE products.
- Competitive friends and family discount on EE Mobile.
- Access to our brand new, innovative office spaces which have opened in London and will open later this year in Bristol.
- Hybrid working – the world of work is changing and so is the expectation to come into the office 5 days a week.
- We operate smartly and you can work a mixture of at home or in the office to suit the needs of your role and your team.
- Access and involvement with our incredible 11 People Networks including Able2 network, Carers network, Ethnic diversity network, Gender equality network and Pride network
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..