About the job
Job Req ID:
Snowhill, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Competitive with great benefits
All available locations for this role are: Birmingham, Manchester, London, Leeds & Bristol (Hybrid Model)
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
About This Role
As a Senior API Engineer with strong Java experience, you are a critical member of engineering team. You will be responsible for building, deploying and maintaining Restful APIs to support our digital experiences.
You will be at the leading edge of development and mentor a team of developers. You will contribute to transforming our working culture and digital presence using agile ways of working
You’ll Have The Following Responsibilities
- Design and develop APIs to support digital experiences using open source and cloud technology
- Work as part of an agile team to turn complex business needs into elegant solutions
- Collaborate with architects, designers, analysts, product specialists, and other software engineers
- Conduct design reviews to ensure solutions fit our architecture, security, scalability and maintainability guidelines.
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance.
- Provide engineering leadership and contribute to our engineering community and standards
- Provide assistance to QA and support colleagues as needed to resolve problems
You’ll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- 5+ years development experience using TDD in Java
- Experience designing microservices architecture
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Experience using agile methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment Strategies.
- Knowledge of web security, application security, web services security, common vulnerability remediation, certificate management
- DevOps experience
- Strong background with automated testing
- Experience with the following beneficial Node, Python, Golan
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan or other benefits such as dental insurance, gym memberships etc.
- 50% off BT and EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
- BT TV, including BT Sport and the NOW Entertainment membership, and 25% off NOW Sport, Cinema and Kids
- 30% discount for friends and family on EE mobile pay monthly and SIM only plans
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..