About the job
Our purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities.
Openreach serves entire UK through their 20000 field engineers doing provision and repair. We have suite of systems in Field engineering supporting resource management, forecasting, planning, scheduling, job assignment, progression etc.
Survey and planning forms a key activity in the field for fiber layout.
This role would be key to have deep functional and technical knowledge to ensure we continue to support business while it is transitioning to Fiber from Copper.
We will be doing replatforming, transformation, rationalization, simplification for various systems and this role would be key to future strategy using deep technical and functional knowledge.
The person will have experience in solution designing and managing different stakeholders/vendors. Understand the telecom domain well enough, especially the Service design and logical inventory, physical and logical planning, and ability to act as domain focal point
Understand need of multiple projects and communicate them divisionally and/or cross-divisionally
What you’ll be doing
Strong Knowledge in Complex workstreams delivery of Openreach
Strong Knowledge in Workforce management, cross platform apps,
Knowledgeable in setting up governance model of medium to large projects.
- Improve resilience in our ability to send engineer to work. This is the most important service area for OR.
- Deliver all production management capabilities for Business complex delivery (Ethernet etc) through Orion and Moblity stack
- Rationalize and simplify the legacy stack by closing down legacy systems
- Define and own implementation of BT’s strategy of cost-transformation at the unit level. Target: While the target is on an annual basis, the strategy to achieve efficiencies year-on-year span across 3-5 years. For example, insourcing, colocation, vendor strategy, systems strategy, etc
- Develop Architecture and Engineering roadmap in conjunction with Architecture & Transformation
- Security, Compliance and 3LS
- Own the security, compliance, upgrade, patching, provisioning & decommissioning of infrastructure estate as per published plans
- Provide third line support for all components owned the unit.
- Operational Risk identification & mitigation