About the job
Job Req ID:
Snowhill, Birmingham, United Kingdom
competitive with benefits
Reporting to the Director, Chief Engineer, the role holder will be accountable for end to end delivery of Chief Engineer service for their Region, ensuring complex build escalations are managed and targets are met in the region. The role holder will influence and develop our approach to Rural Fibre Build across the country, supporting Chief Engineer with the roll out of the new Fibre footprint, and developing skilled teams to ensure all operatives working on Fibre Build are accredited as being skilled.
The Senior Operations & Fibre Manager will lead engineering support in the region and play a central role in setting exemplary quality standards, deploying the latest engineering innovations and promoting cost saving initiatives such as civils avoidance.
We’re the nation’s number one broadband network and we build the connections that matter.
Our customers are the 640+ communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses and our mission is build the best digital future for the UK.
There’s over 33,000 of us across the country, and we have a vision that our workforce should represent the communities that we serve. Diversity and accessibility are important to both where we are now and where we’re going. We value every colleague and the contribution they make, because a diverse business is a stronger business.
We also want the best work-life balance for all our people, which is why we offer smart working. It’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, so you’ll be able to discuss how smart working fits with your role during the recruitment process.
You’ll Have The Following Responsibilities
- Responsible for influencing and developing our approach to Fibre Build across the country, supporting the roll out of the new Fibre footprint.
- Responsible for developing skilled teams to ensure all operatives working on Fibre Cities are accredited as being skilled working with fibre
- Owns investigation of escalations from CEO providing timely and effective resolutions and manages escalations and Ethernet tails from FND as required, ensuring efficient and effective local delivery.
- Accountable for managing delivery of key community funded projects, often in more difficult areas involving close monitoring to ensure their success
- Responsible for trial and deployment of new innovations, tools and civils techniques developed by CE team.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of BDUK projects directly to the customer and resolving problematic BDUK builds.
- Responsible for delivering fibre to the premise across the Rural programme.
- Responsible for high profile builds in their region which go on where Openreach cannot risk failure of the project due to the brand damage it would cause.
As well as offering a competitive base salary, you’ll also have a rewarding bonus scheme, access to equity schemes and an attractive pension offer.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
- Discounted Broadband
- Up to 50% off EE and BT mobile for you and 5 family & friends
- Discounted TV & BT sport packages
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays
- 10% BT pension contribution
- Access to 100’s of retail discounts including the BT shop
- Annual Bonus scheme of up to 10% of salary
You’ll Need To Have The Following Skills And Experience
- Technically competent in understanding networks copper, fibre and mobile and the connectivity options both today and tomorrow.
- Strong understanding of FTTP and engineering operations
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Openreach products and specifically engineering innovations, tools and techniques.
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to proactively manage live issues/ faults, and suitably involve relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects, working to tight deadlines.
- Influencing and developing our approach to Fibre Build across the country, supporting the roll out of the new Fibre footprint.
- Experience of mitigating risks, implanting best practice and following strict governance procedures.
- Proven track record of excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
How To Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page.
We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We welcome applications from every community and we’re looking forward to receiving yours.