About the job
Senior PHP Developer
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
About this role
The key purpose of this role is to take ownership of a part of a Digitial Channels solutions, including design, implementation, unit, feasibility testing and component testing, and preparation for solution deployment. The role will work independently but as prt of a Agile Squad with some guidance when needed and can contribute to pairing with other team members. The role ensures that internal & sef service non-functional, functional and operational requirements have been met. Contribute as one of the key Software engineers which includes guaranteeing that other members of the team are fully aware of changes being made and have been involved in creating and reviewing the solution. Define, build and manage software environment, introducing new tools and new facilities to test hardware and software as appropriate.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
• Contributing to planning and prioritising Agile Delivery tasks/stories within team, with enough awareness of the overall Internal & self service development lifecycle, architecture, Engineering tools and techniques, learning from and improving their own approach.
• Potentially responsible for interacting with our customers to work out requirements capture and/or show and tell part of solution. This includes developing an understanding of an element of the business domain sufficient to be able to interpret requirements, and making sound design and implementation decisions;
• Participate in identifying potential continuous improvements to individual and team practices while being conscious of costs and benefits; and taking ownership of implementing any changes based on improvements identified.
• Perform routine analysis and design tasks of various projects.
• Make modifications to existing code or develop completely new modules of moderate complexity.
• May also undertake testing of other components.
• Provide updates and estimates during the development cycle.
• Design, implement, unit and component test and prepare for deployment.
• Work collaboratively with other teams to solve problems.
Skills & Experience
- Development and Design experience in PHP 7 or more
- React/ Node
- APIs (REST and SOAP)
- CSS – Bootstrap
10% on target bonus.
25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing with service.
BT Pension scheme, minimum 5% Employee contribution, BT contribution 10%.
Huge range of flexible benefits including cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, season ticket loan.
Option to join BT Shares Saving schemes.
Discounted BT products including free broadband and BT Sport.
Access to 100’s of retail discounts including the BT shop.
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..