About the job
Job Req ID:
Sales and Commercial
Aberdare, United Kingdom
Job title: Senior Sales Specialist, Voice
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
About The Role
As a Voice Senior Sales Specialist, you will understand customers’ needs to create bespoke tailored solutions tailored, leveraging across BT’s Wholesale portfolio.
This role is key for driving change as BT goes through Digital Transformation.
You will help UK businesses to migrate to a converged all-IP solution before the 2025 PSTN shut down
Accountable for developing and coaching digital skills for both colleagues and customers.
You will understand the market insights and trends and work with key stakeholders to respond to the changing market requirements, becoming a trusted adviser to clients from all levels of seniority.
What You’ll Be Doing
- To understand the customer and end customer requirements and create bespoke solutions tailored to their needs, leveraging across the Wholesale portfolio
- To prioritise intervention with sales opportunities to maximise incremental contract value for Wholesale through cross sell and solutions approaches
- Actively leading and driving channel development in target accounts to make a significant contribution to company’s sales revenue growth, where applicable.
- Working and supporting customers with their go to market plans, jointly managing opportunity pipeline, and supporting engagement with their end customers, where applicable
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate channel needs on an on-going basis, and lead and extend the scope of solutions to customers’ specific business needs to maximise our share of customer spend.
- To ensure their technical, product and market skills remain current and ahead of competitors’
- Set direction for a virtual team across, product, sales, service, and marketing to deliver a great channel experience for your customers.
Skills & Experience Required
- Customer centric outlook with the ability to drive up revenue growth and customer satisfaction
- Significant experience within the sales environment and specifically channel development
- Strong ability to expand the scope of a sales opportunity, to address a customer’s real business issues, and develop customer solutions, rather than simply respond to their request for a product
- Able to manage customer objections and identify, articulate and quantify solution value to the customer
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – capable of articulating a clear and engaging vision, linking with current priorities and strategic aims
- Leadership skills in managing, motivating and coaching
- A proven capability to lead and motivate virtual teams (and direct resource if required) to achieve organisational aims
- An ability to build relationships and credibility amongst senior stakeholders both internally and externally
- Have a sound technical and commercial understanding of the Wholesale portfolio
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity. Benefits of working for BT include:
- Competitive salary and 65% on-target bonus
- 25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5%, BT contributes 10%
- Discounted BT broadband and BT Sport, BT TV and Mobile
- Share option schemes
- Season ticket loan and cycle-to-work schemes and many more flexible benefits to fit around you
- Volunteering days, so you can give back to your local community
- Hybrid/Smart working
- Whatever your, race, sexuality, disability, religion or gender identity, we recognise and celebrate our differences and embrace diversity at all levels. Everyone is welcome at BT
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..