About the job
Job Req ID:
Tewksbury Road, Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Senior Software Engineer
Security isn’t always the first thing that comes to mind when you think of BT, but when it comes to keeping everyone safely connected, We Are The Protectors. We deal with thousands of cyber-attacks every day, so that millions of people can safely go about their daily lives and run their businesses. We deliver vital work at scale, with real breadth and impact. We connect for good.
Here at BT we are offering a variety of roles where you can truly make a difference. Join our multi-disciplined Engineering team and you will make a significant contribution to one of our highly skilled teams delivering world-class customer-focused capabilities. With every project delivered and every new opportunity pursued we make a significant difference in protecting the society in which we live.
You will immediately feel part of a highly motivated and innovative team that will offer unrivalled personal development and a wealth of opportunities to learn and experience new things.
What you’ll be doing with us:
- You will be working in a highly motivated and Agile environment
- You will be making technical decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives
- You will be a problem solver, delivering insight to solve our real-world technical problems and performing a broad range of complex technical work activities in a variety of contexts
- You’ll definitely:
- Have technical skills and experience including one or more of the following: C, C++, Python, C#
- Have an enquiring mind, thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
- Be organised and able to multi-task
- Be comfortable challenging others, and working to strict deadlines
- Use your initiative and be comfortable working with changing requirements
- Be self-motivated and proactive
You might even:
- Have deep understanding of platforms such as Windows, Linux, Android and iOS
- Have reverse engineering skills or experience in vulnerability research
- Have experience working with Agile Project Management Methodologies
- Have experience of leading projects or taking ownership of pieces of work
- Be comfortable managing stakeholder relationships
- Enjoy mentoring, coaching or line management
- Have Security Clearance
What’s in it for you?
- Career progression in BT Security and across BT with our internal development programme
- Competitive salary
- Location: Cheltenham
- Working requirements: On Site full time
- Weekly Hours: 37.5
- Position Type: Full Time
- Contract: Permanent
- Discounted BT Broadband, TV & mobile packages and BT products
- On target Bonus
- Share options and 10% pension contribution
- Professional development and paid for industry certifications/qualifications
- Flexible benefits/rewards including dental insurance, healthcare, gym memberships etc.
- Well-being support for you and your family
- 3 days paid volunteering a year
- Flexible and smart working (subject to business needs)
- Due to the sensitive nature of this role you may be required to undergo DV (Developed Vetting) level Security Clearance (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels). An allowance of £5k per annum may be payable monthly while you hold this DV and continue to work in a role that requires that level of security clearance. The terms of this allowance will be made available if you are successful in being recruited into this role.
Empowered, challenged, supported and rewarded, our people are the key to our success. Our people keep customers happy with great service. We’ve focused on creating an energising culture that makes BT an even better place to build a career. We’re at the top of our game, and this is your chance to join us.
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world’s first telecommunications company. At our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers – those are the values we live by whilst also creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
So if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we’ll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that’s you and what you’re looking for, we’d love you to be part of our future!