About the job
Job Req ID:
Spinning Fields, Manchester, United Kingdom
Competitive With Great Benefits
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
About This Role
The role holder will be incident handling and change implementation in one or more technical areas as part of our Monitoring, Change, Hardware and Decommissioning commitment. You will be expected to provide effective technical support of the technology within Cloud Services Infrastructure to meet customer KPI & SLA’s. Use and promote CI methodology as a standard operating tool used by the team on a daily basis to identify areas of waste and drive improvements, delivering to the BT Values.
The shift patterns are 4 x 12 hour shifts (2 x days – 7am-7pm, 2 x nights – 7pm-7am) followed by 4 days off. The main contractual location for this role is in Manchester, however, your normal working pattern will be working alongside your colleagues in the Northern Command Centre in Sheffield.
You’ll Have The Following Responsibilities
- Provide technical support, resolving escalated technical support issues across the lines of business to ensure systems availability to the customer.
- Support the timely delivery of IT Provision, Incident handling, Service Requests and Change Management by the team to the published SLAs and KPIs
- Provide technical support in the delivery of the services offered by the team and input to service productivity to achieve targets.
- Provide Line Manager early sight visibility of issues and concerns that could impact the Systems Engineering objectives, and effectively manage escalations.
- Support the Operational elements on transformational opportunities to help meet Dynamic Infrastructure and Technology objectives and influence the business to adopt recommendations.
- Practice CI methodology as a standard operating tool used by the team on a daily basis to identify areas of waste and drive improvements.
- To provide analytical and innovative input to projects/operational issues as well as support negotiations.
You’ll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- Experienced in own area, able to own and troubleshoot technical faults within the Infrastructure Cloud Technology in one or more of Windows/VMware/Unix/Linuxserver admin & our support structure (Monitoring, Hardware, Decommissioning)
- Sound knowledge of Incident and change management processes and systems – Service Now desirable
- Stakeholder Management: Able to collaborate and work effectively across complex and matrix relationships, negotiating where needed to help support agreement.
- Competitive salary + generous shift allowance
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan or other benefits such as dental insurance, gym memberships etc.
- 50% off BT and EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
- BT TV, including BT Sport and the NOW Entertainment membership, and 25% off NOW Sport, Cinema and Kids
- 30% discount for friends and family on EE mobile pay monthly and SIM only plans
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..