About the job
Job Req ID:
Snowhill, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Competitive with benefits
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
BT’s Enterprise Digital team is responsible for building integrated, scalable, and robust enterprise journeys. We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with proven experience in designing, architecting, and implementing robust and durable web applications, especially in the cloud, preferably at scale. You will be joining the brand-new Platforms team within Enterprise digital whose goal is to make life for the development teams in other parts of the business easier by providing a set of low friction, fully managed cloud capabilities and abstracting these complexities away from the developer ,allowing them to focus on code and not infrastructure. As an experienced member of the Platform team you will play an integral part in shaping the direction that we take and have a hands-on role in the implementation of this solution.
- Help nurture and grow mid and junior level engineers in the team as we scale up to deliver on an ambitious program of work
- Build patterns, services, tools, frameworks, APIs and capabilities across the full web stack that accelerate developer productivity with a security conscious mindset.
- Design and develop tools that improve our continuous delivery mindset on AWS
- Create reusable components and micro frontends that power our greenfield self-service portal
- Experience developing software with AWS especially including with lambdas, API gateway, and other serverless technologies
- Experience being involved with (and championing) agile systems development methodologies
- Experience of software development in a “cloud-native” environment.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Pension scheme
- Shares Plan
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
- Discounted BT products
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..