About the job
Job Req ID:
Temple Quay, Bristol, United Kingdom
competitive with benefits
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
You will be joining the Wholesale and Ventures tribe within BT Enterprise Digital whose goal is to transform Wholesale and Ventures public sites by redesigning them. As an experienced member of the team you will provide technology expertise to drive the delivery of outcomes and have a hands-on role in the implementation of the solutions. Working along side the other engineers in the team, you will play a key role in designing, architecting and implementing reusable and robust solutions to transform Wholesale and Ventures sites.
- Delivering software solutions that provide business value and meet customer requirements, including necessary designs, development, documentation, automated testing, deployment and in-life support.
- Lead, nurture and grow a team of engineers as we scale up to deliver on an ambitious program of work
- Contributing to setting up, maintaining and adhering to technical best practices and standards.
- Delivering the appropriate level of production and in-life release support to ensure production issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Driving reuse of technology to ensure efficiency and improve velocity.
- Manage stakeholders and carry out presentations on the work being carried out
- 5+ years of experience in building software products
- Hands-on experience in taking requirements and designing, architecting and implementing reusable and robust solutions.
- Understanding of Adobe AEM foundational concepts and the AEM development, deployment and migration experience.
- Deep understanding of Java, JEE, servlets and JSP, tag libraries, combined with strong understanding of enterprise Java frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate)
- Knowledge and good practice around usability, maintainability and accessibility.
- Experience and understanding of agile delivery process
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing tools
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan or other benefits such as dental insurance, gym memberships etc.
- 50% off BT and EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
- BT TV, including BT Sport and the NOW Entertainment membership, and 25% off NOW Sport, Cinema and Kids
Who Is The BT Group
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..