£11.31 per hour plus benefits
20 hours per week, Monday – Friday 4 hours per day
No experience needed.
You can apply for this job on your mobile in a few simple steps – no CV needed.
Join our friendly team and help families say the perfect goodbye to loved ones.
You don’t need previous experience as we provide full training and ongoing support so you’ll have all the tools you need for your new role.
You’ll also benefit from a competitive salary, an excellent pension scheme, and discounts on a range of Co-op products and services.
Find the kind of job satisfaction you didn’t think was possible. Apply today.
What you’ll do:
- as a ‘non certified’ funeral arranger, you’ll support clients by organising family visits and answering guest questions
- ensure all regulated work, like selling and advising on our funeral plans, is referred to a ‘certified colleague’
- build positive relationships in the local community
- hold the fort at the funeral home (they’ll be times when you’ll be the only one in branch)
- support with manual handling of coffins and the deceased
This role would suit people who have:
- a passion for delivering great service and building relationships
- excellent communication and admin skills plus strong attention to detail
- high levels of empathy, discretion and care
- retail, admin or hospitality experience
You’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
- 20% off Co-op branded products in our food stores all year-round
- 10% off other brands in our food stores all year-round (doubles to 20% on the Friday and Saturday after payday)
- discounts on other Co-op products and services
- 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- access to our Employee Assistance Programme which offers confidential advice and support on anything you’re struggling with, 24 hours a day
- access to virtual GP and free eye tests
- endless career development opportunities including apprenticeships*
- friendly, supportive team and the knowledge that you make a huge difference to your community
- access to Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- Apprenticeships available to candidates without previous Funeralcare experience
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But just having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can give their best and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we know it’s important our teams represent the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include a DBS (disclosure and barring service) and adverse media checks, and an occupational health questionnaire (to ensure you are fit to perform the role). We’ll also check your social media activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Any offer of employment made will be conditional upon the completion of pre-employment screening checks.