Finance Business Partner – Commercial Finance Team
Up to £62,000, dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits including up to 10% matched pension and private health care (Work Level 5)
12-month fixed-term contract or secondment role
Manchester city centre
Hybrid working – split between home and office working, with an expectation to be in our Manchester office 1-2 days per week
We’re looking for enthusiastic finance business partners to join us and provide strategic value-add financial support to our senior leaders and our retail business. We’ve got a big job on our hands to transform the way we do things at Co-op. And when we get it right, it’ll have even bigger benefits for our members, customers, colleagues.
We are recruiting for two roles; one within our commercial and customer projects finance team, supporting our commercial transformation programme to drive value across the business. The second within our customer finance team, providing strategic support in the delivery of high-profile projects across price and promotions.
As a finance business partner, you’ll focus on the delivery of key strategic projects, acting as the point of contact across teams to drive value-add projects. You’ll build relationships with a wide range of key partners and leaders across the business, connecting the dots, and providing the key strategic and conceptual thinking to deliver high-profile projects.
What you’ll do
- one role will business partner our value creation team and it’ll be up to you to support and drive value creation initiatives across the business; the second role will lead and support a range of projects across price and promotions
- focus on projects with a high business impact where there is a significant benefit of finance involvement
- create influential and effective business partnering relationships, working closely with the financial planning and reporting team to shape projects and bring structure to new ideas
- provide an objective view and approach, joining the dots so that strategy, priorities, and resource allocation are aligned
- provide support, challenging and influencing colleagues to make sure that initiatives are implemented efficiently, and benefits are delivered
- work closely with our senior leaders to identify continuous improvement opportunities to optimise performance
- use data to provide insight, tell a story and shape important business decisions
- both roles will work closely with the finance analysts and finance managers in the team
This role would suit people who have
- previous experience within an FMCG environment
- a finance qualification such as CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent
- the ability to build strong and meaningful relationships cross-functionally
- the experience and confidence to engage, challenge, and influence senior partners in the business
- excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work effectively
- great analytical skills and the ability to think strategically, gathering data and insight from different sources to inform decision making
- a passion for innovation and motivation to drive things forward
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- individual private healthcare
- coaching, training, and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- health and wellbeing incentives and rewards through the YuLife app
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.