Business Development Assistant
£30,000 – £36,000 plus benefits (Work Level 6A)
Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. In this role, there is an expectation you will attend the office minimum of once a month. There may also be a requirement to travel as part of site visits. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for a business development assistant to join our Funeralcare commercial team and help us develop our commercial opportunities. We’re already the market leader, but we want to continue to lead the way for client care and innovation in the industry. This means developing new service agreements with external partners, generating fresh income streams and extending what we offer to meet the emerging needs of our members and communities.
As a business development assistant, you’ll be responding to tenders and proposals, collating key information, and engaging with our partners to understand their needs. We’ll look to you to own the process from start to finish, escalating where necessary, and you’ll have the full support of our business development manager. If you can bring us the attention to detail and relationship building skills that we’re after, we can offer you the opportunity to develop your career and make a real impact on our business.
What you’ll do
- lead the service tenders and proposals process from inbound lead to completion
- accurately collate information to move contract proposals forward
- collaborate with partners across a range of internal teams as well as external parties including the public sector, providing support where required
- provide general partnership management support to existing and pipeline partners
- track, report and present data to senior leaders
- external research and insight, capturing the relevant information to support potential new business development opportunities
This role would suit people who have
- excellent communications skills, with the ability to build meaningful relationships with internal and external partners
- a solid commercial awareness, with the ability to assess the commercial viability of new leads and adapt the process where necessary
- great presentation and power point skills
- previous experience managing bids and tenders from initial lead through to completion
- strong analytical skills, with the ability to problem solve
- a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.