Circa £45,000 plus excellent benefits including up to 10% matched pension and private health care (Work Level 5)
Manchester Angel Square
This is a remote first role, with an option to work in the Manchester office for those who want to. You may be asked to occasionally attend meetings in Manchester.
We’re looking for a reporting accountant to join our insurance team. You’ll be responsible for financial control in insurance, owning the balance sheet and producing the monthly, statutory, and regulatory financial reporting for the business. Within this, we’ll look to you to work closely with the executive team and cost centre managers to provide a clear, concise reporting narrative, making sure they have clarity around how the business is performing and identifying any potential risks and opportunities.
In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally, being the key contact for technical and statutory accounting with Co-op Finance, giving you great exposure across the business. No two days are the same in Insurance – you’ll meet changing needs and requirements within a small team, giving you a truly exciting opportunity for you to get involved in a variety of work and develop a broad level of experience across Finance.
What you’ll do
- own the production of monthly management reporting, including P&L, balance sheet, cash, and working capital
- own the day-to-day management of the insurance statutory reporting process, including production of interim and full year reporting for executive and Group approval
- be the key contact for external auditors and lead the external audit process
- produce insurance regulatory and other external reporting, including periodic Financial Conduct Authority returns as required
- monitor financial control in insurance – own balance sheet reporting and cash flow forecasting for local and Group requirements, whilst continuously improving the current models
- regularly review key finance risks and associated controls, including reporting of performance against agreed risk appetite measures for executive committees
- work closely with the Insurance leadership team and cost centre managers to clearly communicate reporting results and business performance
This role would suit people who have
- demonstrable experience of management and/or financial reporting, ideally in an insurance or broader financial services business
- experience of working within the business unit of a larger organisation, or working cross-functionally with Finance functions
- qualified ACCA or CIMA accountant or equivalent experience
- excellent interpersonal skills – you’re able to explain financial results to non-financial colleagues in a clear and engaging way
- strong Excel skills
- the ability to work autonomously and the desire to be involved in a wide remit of work
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- individual private healthcare
- coaching, training, and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- health and wellbeing incentives and rewards through the YuLife app
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.