Website Croydon Council
To provide the highest standard of discharge ensuring a positive contribution to patient care and patient experience. The post holder will work collaboratively with leads within the Integrated Discharge Team, Local Authorities, Health & Social care providers and commissioning services to co-ordinate and promote effective partnerships working at all levels of discharge activity. A high degree of effective Coordination, communication, networking and liaison will be required to establish and maintain good working relationships within the health system and with other agencies locally and nationwide. To develop effective links and relationships with relevant professional partners, to ensure that we are providing the most seamless service possible. To assess monitor and report on patient length of stay, delayed transfers of care and medically fit for discharge patients.
- They will co-ordinate assessments of patients needed and support the discharge plan.
- The post holder will be proactive in identifying concerns or issues that may delay effective discharges and work with the Integrated Discharge Team to overcome and limit these.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic innovative, motivated and dynamic Discharge Facilitator who will be working as part of a multi-professional Team to support the smooth running and co-ordination of discharge services.
- The post holder will be responsible for facilitating safe and effective discharges of patients from hospital to a community setting through a multidisciplinary approach.
- Thorough knowledge of hospital discharge policies and procedures is essential for this role.
- This role includes giving education to ward teams regarding discharge pathways and processes.
- The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
- Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
- A minor injuries unit in New Addington
- You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians
- You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff
- You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff
- Croydon University Hospital
- Purley Hospital
- You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
- You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent communication and organisation skills are essential and flexibility as the role involves day-to-day liaison with multi professional colleagues, patients and relatives.
- The successful candidate will work closely with all ward teams ensuring appropriate referrals are seen and made to local authorities and preventing unnecessary, avoidable delays for patient discharge.
Company: Croydon Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Croydon, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here