About the job
Are you results orientated, have a can-do attitude and are looking for a new opportunity to grow your skill set?
We are looking for Sales Development Representatives to join our well-established outbound sales team in Manchester City Centre. We are open to backgrounds and no experience is necessary, just a willingness to learn, always having the customer’s best interest at heart and the desire to succeed in sales.
You will be working as part of the SMB (Small Medium Business) team to promote and sell B2B (Business to Business) products and generate new business for the Deliveroo platform. The role is for a fixed-term period of 12 months (40 hours per week) with the view to becoming a permanent employee following that. Office hours are 10am-7pm Monday to Thursday, 10am-5pm on Fridays.
What you’ll be doing
- Pipeline management
- Acquiring new business via phone, email, and social media
- Developing and maintaining daily plans
- Managing a portfolio of partners
- Working towards monthly targets and KPI’s
- One year of commercial experience is preferable, however not essential. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to succeed in sales, your motivators and resilience are more important than experience
- A strong communication background
- The confidence to make regular cold calls and remain resilient
- IT literate (including a range of Microsoft software)
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Effective organisational skills
- An eagerness to learn and develop professionally – there are plenty of chances for professional development and we want to help you succeed
- Be passionate about our customers and clients
All new SDR employees will receive 2 weeks of inclusive training upon joining the team, this will be a mix of classroom and practical training to accommodate different learning styles.
There will also be ongoing support after completion of your training to help you further develop.
What you will learn:
- How to use Deliveroo’s systems (such as Salesforce)
- Sales techniques including how to sell Deliveroo as a service
The SDR interview process consists of three stages and can be concluded in a number of days.
- Online Assessment: This is a 10 minute test, assessing your sales skills and cognitive ability.
- Phone Call with the Recruiter: A 10-15 minute call in which it will be a chance for you to sell yourself and talk about your current skills and experience, as well as find out further details of the role.
- 30 minute Interview with a Team Lead: This interview will be face to face in the Manchester office and will consist of typical interview questions as well as a roleplay, in which you will assume the role of a Sales Representative and pitch a product of your choosing. This will also be a great opportunity to see the office and find out more about the role of an SDR.
- Feedback: The recruiter will be in touch after your interview to discuss your feedback and let you know if you have been successful.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (offering unlimited free delivery)
- Late/early working food allowance
- Gym membership
- Tons of free food
- Quarterly trips to London
- Quarterly sales off-sites and training days
Life at Deliveroo
The culture at Deliveroo is crucial to the success of the business, Manchester is home to Deliveroo’s UK SMB Team and hosts the only SMB SDR team in the UK! The office is an open plan and modern workspace, making it a great environment to learn and enjoy working.
You will be surrounded by a friendly, supportive, and rigorous work culture and are exposed to the decision-making process with management and like-minded individuals. Trust is the ultimate foundation of Deliveroo. Employees are trusted with accountability and are given opportunities to share ideas and collaborate.
Individual freedom is a key success factor at Deliveroo, providing a safe space for creativity and innovation. The company promotes this positive culture with a strong focus on health and well-being of employees.
We want to be the definitive food company, from launching in 2013, to operating in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders and 60,000 restaurants delivering in 500 cities in 2020.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online – our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion-pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest-growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away, and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion, or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in an incredibly exciting space.
- We are customer obsessed succeed
- We succeed as a team
- We are relentless
- We deliver results
- We get to the bottom of things
- We simplify
- We think big
- We build trust
- We never say ‘it’s not my job’
- We are frugal
- We embrace change
- We celebrate difference