About the job
Boomi Solution Architect to help design and build integration between multiple on premises and/or cloud hosted systems. Architect must be capable of understanding business requirements, working with Business/Technology leaders, Enterprise Architects and End Users to develop a proposed solution and work with the technical team to develop and deploy the solution. This position requires experience with multiple middleware applications, including expert level knowledge with Boomi integration platform, as well as experience in project leadership, detailed requirements analysis, software design, testing, and deployment.
- Assist project leadership in designing the approach for API-led integration/middleware projects, including selection of technologies, setting technical directions, estimating/planning and directing developers
- Collaborate with enterprise architects and IT program managers to enhance existing business applications and facilitate solutions to meet business requirements
- Architect technical solutions for enterprise systems using the Boomi integration platform to drive the value equation and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment
- Define standards and guidelines around Scalability, Security, Logging, Auditing, Policy Management and Performance Monitoring and KPI for end-to-end process execution
- Knowledge of API and SOA Design patterns for building solutions ground up using Message Routing, Content Enrichment, Message Filtering, Message Transformation, Guaranteed delivery, Message sequencing, Batch message processing, error handling and reconciliation mechanisms.
- Knowledge of Rest, SOAP, JSON, Web Services Interoperability, WS-* standards and ability to suggest, criticize and formulate solutions in a multi-vendor and architecture committee meetings.
- Identify, analyze and design integration flows using Boomi and technically own and manage the process of ensuring on time and on budget build and integration of the various elements of the solution
- Write technical and design documents for proposed solution
- Good understanding of API based integration and micro services design patterns & best practices
- In depth experience using Agile, Scrum and iterative development practices
- Provide technical ability screening for new team members
- Assist in preparing roadmaps & strategy for Integration department.
- Work/Assist on the development of proposals and presentations of proposals
- Work on technical POC’s to prove out technology and ultimately leading into selection
- 8+ years of experience working as an Integration Solution Architect and 3+ Boomi integration platform .
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Certification: Boomi Developer 1, 2 + Boomi Architect 1
- Experience with large Full Life Cycle (FLC) project implementations, with hands on delivery and managing both onshore and offshore teams.
- Experience with all aspects of the system implementation process of system design, configuration, customization, integration, testing and support including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, the development objects related to their process scope, as well as supporting testing and post implementation support.
- Must have experience with design, development and deployment of SOA and API integration based architecture for a large organization leveraging multiple COTS Business applications.
- Experience with XML, JMS, XSLT, WS-*, SOA/Integration, and API Management technologies and standards
- Experience with using a JAVA IDE (Boomi , Eclipse, Intelli J, Netbeans)
- Extensive experience applying Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts including REST-ful and SOAP-based services
- Designed and developed enterprise services using RAML and REST based APIs
- Working experience with Boomi B2B/EDI modules.
- Has strong experience in the Application Integration Architecture, API and Micro services architecture, Solution Design, and Development using SOA/EAI solutions
- Experienced in both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field
- TOGAF certification preferred, Boomi certification highly preferred
Useful Personal Attributes
- Has excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to interact with all level of stakeholders, support personnel, and clients
- Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be proficient in foundation, People Leadership, client acquisition & development, service & delivery and business leadership.
- Should be experienced in technology awareness & leveraging and innovation & growth capability.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- You are responsible for the end-to-end architecture of a Delivery, including its assembly and integration into the IT architecture principles defined with the client.
- You define the structure of the system, its interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation.
- You are responsible for the management and mitigation of technical risks, ensuring that the Delivery services can be realistically delivered by the underlying technology components.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
Our journey began with our founder Will, arriving in London and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite living in one of the world’s best cities for food. In 2013 he got on his bike and founded Deliveroo. Fast forward to today and Deliveroo can be found in 12 markets, with over 100,000 riders delivering orders from over 140,000 restaurants and stores serving millions of customers in hundreds of cities worldwide.
Delivering great food from restaurants is how we started, but isn’t our only offering. We pioneered the delivery-only kitchen model, Deliveroo Editions, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new brands and cuisines to new areas, giving people more choice in their local neighbourhood. And using our network and technology we provide a growing on-demand grocery service, which has not only brought incredible levels of convenience to our customers but has been a lifeline to so many during COVID.
We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds, and the algorithms behind our marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
There are so many questions we are working on and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do we give low income families access to affordable healthy meals? How do we tackle waste? How can we scale our network to tens of millions of orders a day? What does a future layout of a restaurant look like? How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we take what we know about a customer and offer a personalised selection?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving – and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
The size of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. Only 3% of the global food market is online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of other industries, such as from travel (45%) and retail (10%), and it is clear we are at the very beginning of our journey. Despite being one of the world’s fastest growing multi-billion dollar companies, we’re only just getting started.
We hope you’re as excited about the scale of the opportunity as we are and, if you share our ambition, that you’ll join us and be part of this incredible story.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.