About the job
Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night.
We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of riders around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app.
We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business.
And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
Life as a product manager can mean working in any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, riders, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new challenges, and find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
As a Senior Product Manager, Algorithms, you will lead some of our most complex and high priority projects at Deliveroo which are at the heart of our business and directly impact our riders, restaurants, and customers. You’ll lead a team of talented data scientists and engineers to build predictive models and algorithms that deliver business value in the short and long-term. You’ll be responsible for delivering high standard projects that require complex stakeholder management and coordination across multiple product teams.
- You have experience in product management, partnering closely with data scientists and engineers to deliver products that impact the real world
- You oversee a dedicated team and lead product prioritisation, the roadmap, and delivery of products.
- You can have detailed discussions with data scientists about predictive models or algorithms while being able to explain their uses and benefits to stakeholders and executives around the business. You drive impact while balancing both short and long term priorities.
- You understand how to run A/B and multivariate tests, using data to drive decision-making, and are willing to question your assumptions on a regular basis
- You apply data, research, and well-honed judgement to ensure you’re making the biggest difference to our network of riders, restaurants, and customers.
- You are a “systems thinker”
Preferred, But Not Essential
- Degree in Maths, Operations Research, or similar
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.