About the job
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital. At Deloitte Digital, we connect technology with creativity to deliver better outcomes for both our business and the clients we work with.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking for Product Strategists who are excited to co-create products with some of the world’s leading organisations. We need someone who can create product strategies, drive product thinking and leadership with and for our clients, is passionate about managing products and solving problems, analytical, and has an entrepreneurial mindset. You will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting technical, business and user worlds.
You will be expected to:
- Evangelise and promote the role of Product in any organisation, effectively articulating the benefits and advantages of product functions and how they work
- Manage, and grow diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Help to evolve Deloitte Digital’s Product career pathway and coach junior employees to grow our product capabilities
- Cover a range of different types of work, such as Digital Product Strategy, leading digital transformation programmes & product delivery teams
- Create product roadmaps from conception to live enhancements, driving the product vision, defining go-to-market strategy, and leading design discussions
- Coach and support clients through digital transformation including establishing Product ways of working and new capabilities to maintain and evolve new digital products.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: GB Mainland (Edinburgh, London, Manchester); however, you’ll also have a chance to work with clients throughout the UK, Europe and beyond.
Work pattern: This role is a permanent full-time contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
Overall, you’re an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people who have different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
- Experience in Product Strategy and Product Management
- Experience working with agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum/Kanban) and within multi-skilled teams
- Ability to identify new areas for growth and optimisation through user centred design approaches, recognise market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements, to develop new products and to enhance existing products.
- The ability to develop solutions and value adding propositions and take these to market
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (made up of Deloitte and client individuals) to prioritise highly engaging customer experiences
- Experience of coaching and developing junior talent in Product Management
- Strong leadership skills and evidence of building capability
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients
- Consulting expertise gained in complex client-facing environments
- Experience of launching new digital products and services to the market
- Experience of managing and evolving in-life digital products
- Experience of developing the Product capability within an organisation (Consulting or Industry)
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.