About the job
An exciting opportunity for a project and change manager to work within a newly created Agile Management Office. You will be working in a team with cross-functional expertise and consultancy skillsets to deliver an exceptional experience to our people. This opportunity involves building collaborative relationships within a matrix organisation and taking ownership of people and change projects to deliver value to the firm. This is a ‘hands-on’ role requiring a proven understanding of project, programme and change management, so it will suit those with a genuine passion for these disciplines.
The successful candidate will work across HR, evolving best practice for HR, from project scoping to implementation, using analytical insight to find gaps in process with the permission to remediate as you go. You will need to build and nurture strong relationships with HR and the wider organisation and partner with HR leadership to lead or collaborate on critical projects from concept to execution. We are looking for an individual with a background in HR, Operations, IT, Business Analyst, Human Capital or similar, who can demonstrate a track record of project management delivery and implementing sustainable change within short timeframes in highly matrixed and ambiguous environments.
You will be comfortable scoping, designing and building projects and processes from conceptual ideas and thrive on a high level of autonomy. Along with a problem-solving mindset, you should make data-driven decisions, prioritise well, communicate with stakeholders of all levels, and take ownership throughout the project life cycle. If you have ever wanted a role that spans a range of projects with total ownership and accountability, then join us!
- Lead small discovery sprints through to complex projects that require bold direction and clear planning
- Build and sustain a cross-business line network
- Translate business needs into tangible action plans that will help HR meet its strategic goals
- Use data to influence decision-making and results
- Draft papers scoping new project initiatives with emphasis on measurable success criteria and desired outcomes
- Strong project management (Prince2 and Agile) and analytical skills
- Advocate agile ways of working and the governance of the PMO function
- Natural ability to influence and show leadership that improves day-to-day execution of projects and programmes
- Raise issues, risks and dependencies and drive the right outcome for the HR strategy
- Act as a bridge between tech, privacy & compliance teams through the duration of the project
- Ability to make decisions and lead in a highly ambiguous environment
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to deliver
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and deliver results
- Passion for people and customer experience
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte, we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London/Reading/Birmingham/Leeds/Manchester/Bristol offices, you will be working from home initially and then be able to take advantage of Deloitte hybrid working policy.
Work pattern: This is a 12-month fixed term contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. However, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Proven track record in running cross-function projects and programmes across the full project lifecycle – from concept to implementation
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills and the ability to make data-based decisions
- Naturally customer-focused with exceptional listening skills and the ability to interpret, influence, and deliver outcomes based on high-level information
- Proactive, deadline-driven action-oriented mindset, with a ‘roll up the sleeves attitude – ability to deliver under tight time constraints
- Powerful presentation skills
- Ability to create a narrative from data, interpreting complex information to draw meaning and create outcomes
- Able to logically scope complex projects (occasionally technology-focused) and distil them into simple solutions or action
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Experience leading people-centred projects is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong knowledge of change management principles and best practices
- Proven ability to apply a broad range of methodologies including Prince2, Agile, Human-Centred Design, Kanban, Lean, Scrum
- Experience of working in a partnership and/or highly matrixed organisation
- HR / human capital experience
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.