About the job
We have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive individual to join the Balance Sheet Reporting & Control team.
As part of the overall Financial Control team for the Deloitte LLP group of entities, this role is critical in minimising financial risk through investigation and analysis of a variety of balance sheet accounts.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
- Reporting into the Balance Sheet Reporting & Control Manager, you will support the team in the delivery of Balance Sheet management for the Deloitte LLP group of entities.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and reports
- Investigate, challenge and substantiate balances, providing meaningful analysis
- Support the month end financial close process including preparing associated adjustments or journals
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and investigation
- Support the VAT team to run VAT reports and analysis for quarterly submissions
- Documentation of processes and controls including driving improvements
- Work in a diverse team within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: The role will be predominantly remote/based from home with occasional monthly travel to Milton Keynes and may be appropriate for individuals from the following locations;
Birmingham, Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Nottingham or St Albans .
You’ll be joining our innovative virtual community in Milton Keynes. This means you’ll have the flexibility to work from home, client sites, or one of our three dedicated collaborative work spaces across the town. Our hybrid-working model enables our people to connect and innovate in both a virtual and physical capacity.
You’ll have all the support you need to succeed, including robust tech and home workstation set-up guidance, as well as access to a variety of flexible working spaces and all sorts of social activities for you to join. We’re continually innovating our working practices too, so you can expect to see new and exciting technology developments coming soon. The future of work is evolving fast and we’re already leading the way, by enabling flexibility for our people, and making it easy for us all to connect and collaborate.
Work pattern: This is a full time, permanent role. However, we are open to discussing agile and flexible working arrangements in line with business need.
Your professional experience
- Currently studying towards a recognised Accounting qualification or relevant accounting experience within a finance department and planning to undertake a recognised Accounting qualification
- Experience of reconciliations and reporting
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to develop effective relationships with all levels across the business
- An ability to work effectively within the team as well as being able to work on own initiative
- Positive can-do approach, with a passion for personal development and improvement
- Experience with core Microsoft Office packages with advanced Microsoft Excel skills being an advantage
- Working knowledge of SAP and BlackLine would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a professional services organisation is preferred but not essential
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organizations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.