About the job
DPD is a member of DPDgroup, one of Europe’s leading parcel delivery networks, and aims to be the most sustainable delivery company in the UK, with a turnover of over £2 billion. We also deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
Our Regional Customer Relationship Manager is looking to recruit a first class Account Manager to join their highly skilled and high performing team. In this role you will be covering Peterborough and the surrounding areas.
In this role you will look after 75 -100 designated portfolios for customers that spend in the region of £1 – £5K per week with DPD. You will develop each account through high level sales, through close, proactive account management and applications of the partnering process.Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing account plans for each customer to support the Account Manager portfolio revenue/contribution targets
- Maintaining/updating information via SalesForce
- Developing multi-functional and multi-level business relationships with customers organisations
- Identifying and developing any additional revenue opportunities within the portfolio and their associated companies. Maintain an up to date revenue opportunity pipeline
- Visiting and carrying out exit surveys on all lost DPD and DPD Local customers and maintain regular monthly contact
- Liaise with Regional Customer Relationship Managers for action plan on all major new business opportunities
- Identifying and managing the resolution of customer problems to underpin long term account retention
- Visiting existing customers to maintain planned levels of revenue/ contribution improvement through timely rate renewals
As the successful candidate you will be passionate about delivering amazing service every day. Your career history will evidence demonstrable experience with Account Management
You will have a natural ability to engage with customers both face to face and over the phone delivering outstanding customer service to ensure our customers expectations are met.
You will possess excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to adapt and respond to change quickly. It would be advantageous if you had good mathematical skills to support the work around pricing and costing for customers.
We will also expect you to be
- A person capable of decisive and effective decision-making, in a time pressured environment
- Someone that really enjoys resolving problems and demonstrates high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Suite applications, and SalesForce would be advantageous
- Demonstrate the core values of DPD DNA – Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
A full clean driving licence is essential as is a flexible approach to travel and occasional overnight stays.
Your package will include a competitive salary, commission and company car or cash alternative. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible. There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD to include; long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, and the DPD Personality of the Year award.
If successful you can look forward to the exciting prospect of joining an increasingly successful and expanding business, that through its constant innovation, has revolutionised the express parcel industry and continues to define its outlook for the future.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer