About the job
DPD is a member of DPDgroup, one of Europe’s leading parcel delivery networks, and aims to be the most sustainable delivery company in the UK, with a turnover of over £2 billion. We also deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
DPD has a network of over 6000 Pickup Shops across the UK to ensure we are providing our customers with the very best service and choice available to meet their needs.
Our Pickup Office Manager is looking for a reliable and and dedicated Customer Service Agent – Pickup (known internally as a Pickup Service Delivery Agent) to join their highly skilled and dedicated team. This role will be based from our offices in Stoke Media Way ST1 5SY
As a Pickup Service Delivery Agent your key responsibility will be to ensure a “right first time” resolution for our customer by ensuring you exceed customer expectations and keeping any promises made to them.
You will also be expected to
- Ensure relevant and thorough investigations are carried out to fully resolve any issues or complaints
- Be accountable for taking the appropriate security measures to support the prevention of fraud
- Take inbound calls and making outbound calls to the Pickup Shop network and DPD Depots
- Assisting with queries and escalations from the Pickup shop network
- Ensuring a high level of service and responsiveness at all times
- To undertake any other tasks as required to assist with the smooth running of the service
What we’re looking for
To be successful in this role you must be able to evidence demonstrable administrative and customer service experience ideally gained within a busy environment.
Passionate about providing a quality service, your naturally strong customer service and problem resolution skills will be fully utilised in this role as will your ability to work on your own initiative and remain polite and professional at all times. We will also expect you to have;
- Clear and confident communication skills and the ability to simplify complex situations
- Excellent relationship building skills
- High levels of self-motivation and initiative to resolve problems
- A good understanding of MS Office and administration skills
- A willingness to go the ‘extra mile’ to exceed expectations, to delight customers with your own energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to remain calm and focused in a pressurised environment
- Demonstrate the DPD DNA Values of – Flexibility, Accountability, Respect, Honesty, Hard Work and Passion.
Our Pickup Shops and depots are operational 7 days a week so you must be able to work 5 shifts across 7 days to include some weekend working. Times will be between 8:00 and 20:00.
Your package will include a competitive basic salary. In addition to this, once a probation period has been completed, you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible. There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD to include; long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, and the DPD Personality of the Year award.
If successful you can look forward to the exciting prospect of joining an increasingly successful and expanding business, that through its constant innovation, has revolutionised the express parcel industry and continues to define its outlook for the future.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer