About the job
Join us on our journey as we aim to be the UK’s most sustainable delivery company, whilst ensuring our customers continue to receive a world class service.
You will be in a busy and fast paced business that can offer you great benefits and plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible.
When joining DPD you are not just starting a job, you are vital to our journey to be the most customer centric, inclusive, sustainable and leading parcel delivery provider within the UK who embraces and drives change, placing our people and our customers at the heart of what we do.
As a collection and delivery driver you represent the business every day and are vital to providing a service that genuinely makes a difference to our customers.
We understand the needs of our employees so we offer stability through permanent contracts, guaranteed hours and the ability to increase your earnings with overtime paid at premium rates. You can plan ahead whilst also building a career with us.
Along with job security, the tools to do the job and a competitive salary, you’ll receive fantastic benefits starting on day one, including never working on your birthday ever again!!!
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
Contract Type: Permanent / 40 hours a week
Location: Bicester OX26 6GF
Our Site Manager is looking for an experienced 18 Tonne Collection and Delivery Driver for their depot in Bicester
Being a Driver for DPD you’ll often be the first point of contact that our customers have with us, so providing a great service when you hand over or collect a parcel is just as important as delivering the parcel on time. You will responsible for:
- Making multi-drop collections and deliveries in and around the local area
- Working to time critical deadlines and set collection times
- Ensuring we provide a service to customers’ that is second to none
- Keeping & maintaining regular records & journey details
To be considered for this role you must have a valid 18 Tonne (Category C) licence, DQC (Driver Qualification Card) and CPC accreditation
We are also looking for you to demonstrate that you:
- Recognise the value of providing great customer service
- Can work to deadlines, are flexible and always go above and beyond
- Are friendly, approachable, positive, resourceful and professional
- Are able to multi-task and problem solve
About our benefits:
We recognise that our people are at the heart of our business, without them we wouldn’t be able to deliver our award-winning service to all our customers.
- Holiday trading
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Free life assurance of 4 x salary on joining the pension scheme
- Free onsite parking for all employees
- Health Kiosks visiting every location
- Discounted shopping from 100’s of retailers including up to 5% off your weekly supermarket shop
- Milestone Days off to celebrate with your family and friends
- Free eye tests and support with the cost of glasses
Joining DPD can lead to not just a stable job but also a career.
DPD prides itself on recognising and developing talent alongside a desire to promote from within. As a continually growing and evolving organisation, we are proud to offer a great number of development and promotion opportunities.
If you identify with our aims and values and can deliver a best in class customer doorstep experience, then this is the job for you! Apply today.