About the job
Join us on our journey as we aim to be the UK’s most sustainable delivery company, whilst ensuring our customers continue to receive a world class service.
You will be in a busy and fast paced business that can offer you great benefits and plenty of opportunities to progress your career
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible.
When joining DPD you are not just starting a job, you are vital to our journey to be the most customer centric, inclusive, sustainable and leading parcel delivery provider within the UK who embraces and drives change, placing our people and our customers at the heart of what we do
Along with job security, the tools to do the job and a competitive salary, you’ll receive fantastic benefits starting on day one, including never working on your birthday ever again!!!
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
We are looking to recruit an outgoing and personable Business Administration Apprentice who is keen to start their career by joining the nation’s favourite parcel delivery company. This role will be based from our site in Smethwick B66 1BY
Your primary responsibility will be to assist the People Admin team who sit within the wider People and Talent department. You will work alongside the wider team whilst completing a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship. In this role you will gain exposure to, and experience of, a wide range of different administrative tasks
Key Responsibilities Will Include
- To respond to general telephone enquiries into the People and Talent Department
- Action incoming post for the individual People Administrator assigned areas
- Raise Contract of Employments for external and internal employees
- Raise Leaver and Change of Contractual details letters for internal employees
- Processing ex-Employee References
- Processing Mortgage/ Tenancy References
- Raise Maternity Letters for Notification of Pregnancy, Maternity Leave and SMP Entitlement
- Raise Memos to inform managers of intended Maternity Leave and returning back to work from Maternity
- Raise Paternity Memos
- Complete all People Administration processes in line with GDPR
- Complete HR1 Forms for all monthly employee New Starters
- Change of Employment Details and Leavers
- To maintain specified projects and ongoing tasks as laid out by the People Administration Manager
- To provide additional administrative support to the Director of People and Talent, Head of People and Talent, Head of Reward and Benefits, Managers and People Business Partners
- To undertake any other tasks as requested by the People Administration Manager
Candidates must have achieved GCSE/Level 2 in Maths and English or be willing to complete this during the apprenticeship. Apprentices must have achieved a pass at GCSE/Level 2 in Maths and English before they can complete their final assessment. We would also look for;
- Familiar with Google Workspace (GMail/GSheet)
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
In return we can offer you a salary that is above the required Apprentice pay rates. We can also offer you
- Study leave
- Opportunity to work in a clean, health and safety conscious environment
- Funded Training to develop your skills
- The opportunity to progress your career within the business
How To Apply
You can apply for this role by uploading your CV however if you do not have a CV please write a detailed covering letter that outlines your reasons for applying and your interest in the qualification on offer.
About our benefits:
We recognise that our people are at the heart of our business, without them we wouldn’t be able to deliver our award-winning service to all our customers.
- Holiday trading
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Free life assurance of 4 x salary on joining the pension scheme
- Free onsite parking for all employees
- Health Kiosks visiting every location
- Discounted shopping from 100’s of retailers including up to 5% off your weekly supermarket shop
- Milestone Days off to celebrate with your family and friends
- Free eye tests and support with the cost of glasses
Joining DPD can lead to not just a stable job but also a career. DPD prides itself on recognising and developing talent alongside a desire to promote from within. As a continually growing and evolving organisation, we are proud to offer a great number of development and promotion opportunities.
If you identify with our aims and values and can deliver a best in class customer doorstep experience, then this is the job for you! Apply today.