About the job
DPD is a member of DPDgroup, one of Europe’s leading parcel delivery networks, and aims to be the most sustainable delivery company in the UK, with a turnover of over £2 billion. We also deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
Our Head of International Commercial and Compliance is looking to recruit an innovative and inspiring International Compliance Manager to join their highly skilled and high performing team. This role will be based from our International Gateway in Hinckley.
in this role you will have full responsibility for international compliance with governing bodies to ensure the business falls in line with all relevant regulations, be the appointed Local Embargo Compliance Officer for DPD UK and be responsible for the compliance with the Trade Compliance Policy. You will provide operational support to international customers and internal departments in order to share best practice, drive compliance, resolve operational issues and make service improvements. You will fulfil field visits to internal and external customers and some night working in the operation (at depots, hub or gateways) will be necessary.
- Create a culture of compliance in the business, and serve as an example by acting with high ethical standards;
- Act in accordance with DPD Group Trade Compliance Policy, other guidelines and policies, and all legal and regulatory obligations that apply to their duties as well as ensure that Responsible Persons understand and apply the standards outlined in this Policy in their day-to-day activities;
- Ensure that the screening tool named GeoCheck, is used correctly carried out by appointed team members
- Keep track of the quality of the investigations, Audits and perform spot checks
- Has an independent position and a direct communication line to access to CEO/SLT and Central Teams
- Participate in the LECO meetings, Governance meetings and shares best practises with the department and the Group.
- Keep informed of DPD Group news by attending training provided by DPD Group
- Ensure the business is compliant with HMRC regulations in relation to the import and export operation and undertake regular hub visits to monitor and review compliance taking remedial action where necessary
- Take full responsibility for the protection of our AEO status by maintaining records audits and supporting the international operation to adhere to AEO standards
- Responsible for fully implementing an Export Controls Project in the next 12 months
- Ensure all operational processes are complied with and where applicable, assist with the implementation of new operational processes in-line with the development of international services and products, including the set up of international Gateways
- Work closely with the DPD UK implementation team in the setting-up of new international accounts to ensure all international operational action points are completed
- Endorse and develop customer relationships that will benefit both DPD and international customers
- Highlight and communicate any non-compliance of international procedures and or service issues to customers via the CRM team and follow through to resolution.
- Liaise with international Finance and the Group and through analysis identify customers where we are being fined for non-compliant traffic and drive compliance and a reduction in fines through the relevant account manager
- Investigate the held-in International Hub trends and where applicable drive corrective action through the account manager
- Monitor the compliance of inbound and outbound group traffic and drive compliance where required. Work with CCS and others where customers are causing ongoing exceptions through their data.
- Assist with regular reviews of all international compliance of external suppliers
- Liaise with international suppliers to identify operational issues and drive international service
- Produce reports in a timely manner in line with the strategic direction of the international products
- Carry out any additional duties as required by the Head of UK Commercial and Compliance or SLT and assist with presentations to the customer and DPD Management Team when requested
To be considered for this role you must have an excellent understanding of HMRC regulations for International Exports, Imports and Transit. A proven track record and experience in International Operations is essential as is extensive customer facing skills. We would also expect you to be:
- An excellent communicator able to engage with both internal and external stakeholders
- A person capable of decisive and effective decision-making, in a time pressured environment
- Competent in Word, Excel and Power Point. Visio desirable.
- Customer facing skills essential
- Flexible to working hours and travel
- Experienced in managing a successful team and developing staff to work at their best
- Demonstrate the core values of DPD DNA – Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
A full clean driving licence is essential as is a flexible approach to working hours and travel
Your package will include an excellent basic salary plus performance commission, a company car or cash allowance, mobile phone and Laptop . As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible. There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD to include; long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, and the DPD Personality of the Year award.
If successful you can look forward to the exciting prospect of joining an increasingly successful and expanding business, that through its constant innovation, has revolutionised the express parcel industry and continues to define its outlook for the future.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer