About the job
Counter Fraud, Compliance and Debt (CFCD) – Grade 7
Salary Minimum: £50,155
Number of jobs available: 1
Working Pattern: Full-time, Part-time, Part Year (potential for hybrid working)
Location: Central England
This is an exciting senior operational leadership role at the heart of Counter Fraud and Compliance (CFC) operations. The Directorate is unique across DWP in that it has end to end ownership of all aspects of Fraud, Error and Debt, from policy/strategy and analytical insight right the way through to operational delivery via Investigations, Compliance, Interventions, Disrupt/Prevention, and National Insurance Number (NINo) teams.
CFCD is a great place to work where the leadership team are passionate about attracting the best talent whilst nurturing and valuing new and existing colleagues to be the best they can be. We are looking for people who can demonstrate our values and commitment to leadership which are based around Collaboration, Resilience and Inclusivity. We look for emotionally aware leaders who enable teams to be innovative, adaptable and flexible. We want you to be comfortable challenging the norm and finding daring and dynamic solutions that support our values and enable colleagues to shine in whatever role they do.
What will you be doing?
What we are looking for:
- An inspirational and resourceful senior operational leader, with strong business acumen. Able to drive performance and deliver a positive and efficient service to our customers, including working within HR policy and processes whilst delivering within headcount limits.
- A track record of delivering high levels of performance with diverse teams against a range of stretching and challenging targets.
- A strong personal commitment to people engagement, inspiring and empowering large teams (up to 300+) of people to deliver a professional, quality service which celebrates success.
- Monitoring and improving the quality of the end-to-end customer experience across our range of functional areas.
- An experienced communicator delivering messages with clarity and conviction, seeking feedback, listening, and acting on this.
- Collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders, and service providers, at a senior level, building trust and utilising influencing skills to deliver effective outcomes.
- Provides visible, accessible, and effective senior leadership, demonstrating personal accountability through periods of change in a fast-paced environment.
- Encourages a culture of innovation focused on adding value; giving people space to think and act creatively.
- Committed to their own professional/personal development and that of others. Building capability and leadership potential, by fostering and embedding a climate of people development and continuous learning, mentoring, and encouraging inclusivity.
- Support the Grade 6 Regional Leader and SCS leaders by working at pace to deliver high quality products to tight timescales, multi-tasking between competing priorities.
- Evidence of implementing change in conjunction with maintaining performance and improvement activity, providing the rationale, and securing buy in to achieve success.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risk to the successful delivery of operational objectives and the required levels of Customer Service.
With great benefits including:
- Generous 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 over time (pro rata for part time), plus bank holidays and one days leave for the Queen’s Birthday.
- Training and apprenticeships and up to 5 days’ personal development and learning allowance.
- Employee discount schemes.
- Free wellbeing support.
- Opportunities to make a real difference through joining forums, initiatives and charities.
- Interest free travel loans.
- Vodafone advantage discount scheme.
- Highly sought-after Civil Service pension
Full Details on how to apply can be found on www.civilservicejobs.gov.uk (job ref: 241363)
Advert closes 14/10/2023