Website Guardian Jobs
About the job
Employer: Gender & health charity
Title: Administration Assistant
Salary: £23,000-£26,000 (FTE) per annum
Location: Cambridge (office attendance preferred if within commutable distance)
Duration: 6 months (FTC)
Work: Fully remote (national) or hybrid (1 day per week in office, if in Cambridge)
Hours: 15 hours per week; 2 days. 2.5 days per week may be available
Charity People is thrilled to be working with a wonderful charity that’s dedicated to ensuring better health and equal opportunities for all people of all genders, everywhere, to help find the team their new Administration Assistant.
This committed organisation is an independent research initiative that informs, inspires and incites action and accountability for gender equality and health equity.
The charity is values led and has guiding principles based on inclusion, transparency, equity, and the courage to speak truth to power!
About the duties:
The Administration Assistant will join a small but growing team of staff. In post, you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day and longer-term administration of the charity, and you will:
- Provide administrative support, including expense claims, to Co-Directors and Deputy Director as required
- Provide administrative support to the Administration Manager as required, including assistance with HR and charity compliance
- Provide administrative support to the Finance Manager as required
- Create and maintain electronic filing systems
- Prepare communications including agendas, emails, invoices, reports, presentations and other correspondence
- Organise logistics for conference calls, face-to-face meetings, in-person conferences, public events, etc.
- Be responsible for organising events including the booking of meeting rooms, venues, catering, and speakers all within agreed budgetary constraints
- and much more!
The ideal candidate will be based within commutable distance to the organisation’s offices in Cambridge (CB1 1BH), and will have:
- High level of proficiency using MS Office packages; Google Drive experience would be great
- Experience in administration, organisational and planning tasks
- A positive attitude; you will be a self-starter and have a keen attention to detail
- An ability to work to tight and competing deadlines; you will be flexible and adaptable to changing needs
Deadline: ASAP; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please submit your CV early to avoid disappointment.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.