Website Guardian Jobs
About the job
Your new company
The largest Union and professional body in the world supporting this prestigious sector are recruiting for an interim office administrator to start asap.
Your new role
The role of the Administrator (Quality Assurance of Resources) is to support the Nursing, Policy and Practice department in meeting its strategic objectives, with the delivery of high-quality programmes of work to support the organisations members. The Administrator (Quality Assurance of Resources) will provide a range of administrative and business support service within the Nursing Department, with a focus on ensuring robust and timely service for the organisations contribution to external clinical and professional consultations and request for endorsement. The role requires collaboration with members, internal teams and external stakeholders to support development and compliance with quality assurance processes of products and outputs.
- Provide a comprehensive administrative support to the quality assurance service to ensure robust and timely response to the Organisations contribution to external consultation requests and endorsement requests for professional nursing resources
- Provide a comprehensive general administrative support to designated projects, events and meetings from planning and arranging meetings through to completion and evaluation
- Organise training for nurses participating in external clinical guidance and product development
- Develop a working knowledge of the Organisation Endorsement and Accreditation processes
- Work with colleagues to continuously identify improvements for the administrative support function for the team and feed learning into the wider Nursing Department functions
- Within policy, make decisions on the most appropriate use of Organisation resources when making purchases and travel and accommodation bookings and ensure these are documented appropriately
- Signpost staff, members and non-members to the appropriate sections of the finance and expense policies
Specific role responsibilities
- Develop and maintain accurate and up to date records of the Organisations contributions to external professional resources and develop reports from the data for inclusion in the regular Department Management Information reports
- Administer requests for members input into external clinical and professional consultations and handling endorsement in accordance with stated deadlines, escalating concerns if the request is not being met
- Proactively search relevant health, social care websites to identify potential consultation topics which may be relevant for the Organisations input
- Develop and maintain accurate and up to date records of the contributions to external professional resources and develop reports from the data for inclusion in the regular Department Management Information reports
- Provide basic advice and information to enquirers about the Quality Assurance Service and escalate enquiry as appropriate
- Develop relationships with professional leads, key membership groups, networks and stakeholders to identify expert nursing input and to ensure external requests for the Organisations expertise and advice are completed to a high professional standard
- Support the development of systems and processes to enable the effective management of information around clinical and professional consultations and endorsement, including the use of Customer Relational Management (CRM) and IT systems
- Support the development of systems and processes to quality assure professional resources and outputs
- Processing expenses for members and staff in accordance with the Expense Policy
What you’ll need to succeed
- Administrative experience
- Experience of building strong working relationships with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to take ownership of the administration of designated projects, events and workstreams
- Ability to draft correspondence and to format professional letters
- Ability to provide administrative support to meetings including preparing agendas and taking action points and minutes
- Ability to use Microsoft Office to an intermediate level, including Word, Excel and Outlook, including the ability to reformat documents and to create charts and tables
- Ability to record data in spreadsheets and process invoices and expenses
- Ability to manage diaries and coordinate schedules using Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to occasionally work flexibly in accordance with work requirements
- Ability to prioritise work in order of importance and urgency
What you’ll get in return
This is a hybrid short term administrative role, triaging and tracking correspondence and work to be done by other departments. We are looking for an excellent communicator who is happy to build rapports and work with a variety of stakeholders, track work being done with a keen eye for detail. Training will be in the office based in the office in Oxford Circus, 2 days in the office and the rest working from home.
This is a great opportunity to work in a small but pivotal team.
Start around the 24th of October, Interviews scheduled over Teams on the 18th and 19th of October 2023.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.