Website Home Bargains
Home Bargains’ Team Leaders support their store team to provide an excellent retail experience for our customers and deliver on store performance targets.
Team Leaders are required to successfully complete the Store Management Induction within the first 6 weeks of starting. This is a comprehensive 6 week programme which is completed via our online learning platform. This means that:
- The training is led by you
- You are supported throughout by your Store Manager and the Training Team
- Your induction is a blended approach with the majority of your learning being completed on the shop floor
On successful completion of your induction your Store Manager will continue with your ongoing development in store.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment for your store colleagues and customers
- Work with your management team to understand daily store development priorities
- Assist in communicating and actioning customer priorities to the store team
- Provide guidance and support to store colleagues to enable them to deliver
- Help, guide and assist new and existing store colleagues in store training and development activities
- Keep up-to-date on store ways of working, standards and compliance
- Help, guide and assist store colleagues to deliver excellent store and compliance standards
- Guide and assist store colleagues to ensure we deliver our store promotions
- Provide suggestions and ideas to maximise store space to promote our products
- Help, guide and assist store colleagues to deliver our merchandising standards
Minimum Criteria To Apply
- Experience of supervising others in a fast-moving retail or hospitality environment
- Demonstrate the following competencies:
- Prioritise and organise work
- Customer focus
- Communicate effectively
- Direct and supervise work
For applications to be considered, applicants are required to have a complete and up-to-date Home Bargains Careers Centre profile and to respond to the job application questionnaire when prompted.
Applicants that are invited to attend a face-to-face interview must present original documentation demonstrating their eligibility to work in the UK, along with other specified documents.
Please note, as we expect to receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, you are advised to submit your fully completed application at the earliest opportunity, as the closing date may be brought forward.
About The Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started 45 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 580 stores we have over 5 million customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 1,000 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) with a typical annual turnover of £3 – 5m per store – and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
- £26,375 FTE (44 hours)
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years’ service
- Invest: Grow with Us store management training programme
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events