Website Home Bargains
Our Store Team Members deliver outstanding customer service by greeting customers, assisting with product queries and providing a prompt service with a smile.
Store Team Members based in the Café and/or Bakery will also cover general store duties when required.
Candidates will be hardworking, enjoy working in a retail store and have experience of cash handling, processing deliveries and preferably have experience of working as a barista, in a café or similar.
Successful candidates are provided with on-the-job training and gain essential transferable retail and hospitality skills.
If you are honest and reliable and take pride in what you do then we would love to hear from you!
Main job responsibilities include:
- Adherence to health and safety procedures including food preparation and hygiene
- Maintain equipment including regular deep cleans
- Prepare drinks and food, including hot items
- Practice excellent food hygiene standards including temperature control, storage, product handling and cleaning
- Cash handling and card transactions
- Stock replenishment
Minimum Criteria To Apply
- Demonstrate a good understanding of customer service
- Experience of cash handling and working in a retail environment – experience within a similar role is preferable
- Experience of manual handling and stock replenishment
- Hardworking and reliable
- Polite and professional
For applications to be considered, applicants are required to have a complete and up-to-date Home Bargains Careers Centre profile and to respond to the job application questionnaire when prompted.
Applicants that are invited to attend a face-to-face interview must present original documentation demonstrating their eligibility to work in the UK, along with other specified documents.
Please note, as we expect to receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, you are advised to submit your fully completed application at the earliest opportunity, as the closing date may be brought forward.
About The Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started 45 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 580 stores we have over 5 million customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 1,000 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) – and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
- Pay includes a non-contractual and non-transferable Regional Allowance (£1.00 per hour)
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years’ service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events
Store Team Member rates of pay are dependent on age, and range from £7.81 per hour for 16-17 year olds, £9.26 per hour for 18-20 year olds, £10.65 per hour for 21-22 and £10.90 per hour for those 23 and over (inclusive of hourly Regional Allowance).
Available contracted hours range from 4 – 36 hours per week.