About the job
Customer Services Apprenticeship
Branch Network – Wealth & Personal Banking
Location: South East Region – Hove, Crawley, Portsmouth, Winchester, St Albans
Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser
Salary: From £20,020 per annum
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or simply take you in an exciting new direction. HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. As a HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential, which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs. Our Branch Network plays a crucial role with providing a face to face service to our customers.
We are currently recruiting for Customer Services Apprentice professionals across various locations in our local market.
This is an exciting new permanent, entry level opportunity within our Branch Network, which will see successful applicants to join as a Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser. Our Branch Network is at the heart of a local market acting as a financial partner and community hub. We value difference, we succeed together, we take responsibility and we get things done!
A role within our branch network can be your starting point of an amazing career journey with HSBC, it’s where some of our most successful senior employees started their own careers, so apply today to join HSBC, a truly global organisation, and see where your journey takes you.
This is an 18-month Apprenticeship programme, with an opportunity for a progression to more complex role. Throughout the programme, you will get to know our product and services and be part of a team to deliver the exceptional service to our customers.
We are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience, who are ambitious and have a helpful personality. Face to face customer service experience is helpful, but not essential, what we are really interested in is a genuine passion for going above and beyond for our customers in our Wealth and Personal Banking business area.
At the start of your journey in your new role we will support you through a blended learning experience this is where you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of virtual classroom & practical training, as well as having the opportunity to develop these new skills fully supported within your branch. This will provide you with the opportunity to get hands on experience and apply learning into practice.
Within this role you will;
- Play a pivotal role within our Branch Customer Service Team by being the first point of contact for our customers banking requirements, take ownership of their individual needs and deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Play an important part in customer education around HSBC digital services and fraud awareness
- Identify customers who are in vulnerable situations and determine the best way we can support them
There may be times when we may ask you to work in other local branches within a reasonable distance to you.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We reserve the right to close the applications early. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
For any questions or queries, please email [email protected]
As this is an entry level role, we do not ask applicants to possess any prior competencies required for the role, only behaviours and a passion to learn. The ideal applicant for this role would possess the following traits and/or behaviours (alongside eligibility criteria):
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
- A “people first” approach, willing to put the customer at the heart of decision making
- Naturally inquisitive – able to ask why and bring new ideas to the table
- Strong communication skills which will enable you to engage in effective conversations, build strong connections and show empathy to our customers.
- Ability to take ownership of customer enquiries through to resolution, you will pride yourself on delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations, delivering a personalised, friendly & efficient service
- Be resilient to a continuous changing environment
- Flexibility as, we may ask you to support other local branches within a reasonable distance to you
- Adhering to HSBC’s values of being dependable, open to different ideas and cultures, connected to colleagues and customers, and acting with courageous integrity in everything we do. This means having the courage to make decisions based on doing the right thing, and upholding the Bank’s ethical standards and principles.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at or above grade 3/E, including Maths and English. As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship and have continued Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the programme.