About the job
HSBC UK Branch Network – Customer Service Consultant
What you’ll do
As customer habits change and become more digital focused, our Branch Network is at the heart of our local markets acting as a community hub supporting and educating our customers to Bank with us using their channel of choice.
The role of a Customer Service Consultant known internally within HSBC as a Universal Banker (UB) is to provide our customers with an outstanding service that we can all be proud of, by taking ownership of customer enquiries, and supporting and resolving more complex queries. Our UB’s educate our customer’s to enable them to use our digital platforms, giving them a choice of how they wish to bank with us. Our UB’s actively raise fraud awareness protecting our customers, and will identify and support those who are in potentially vulnerable situations or have more complex needs ensuring financial inclusion for all.
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering an outstanding customer experience, people who are ambitious and have a helpful personality. Previous Customer Service experience is helpful, but is not essential, what we are really interested in is someone who can hold a conversation and who has a genuine passion for going above and beyond for customers – everything else we can teach you!
At HSBC we are passionate about coaching and developing our people, working for us you will have access to our learning platform “HSBC University” and will have the opportunity to develop yourself and your career further, you could even decide to start an apprenticeship programme with us and gain a qualification as you work.
HSBC is a Global Bank and working for the Branch Network can be the gateway to an amazing Career, with access to other roles across the group with the ability to explore Flexible working locations, our only ask is that you commit to the Branch Network for the first 18 Months of your career, to embed your learning and grow your skill set.
Within this role you will;
- Play a pivotal role within our Branch Customer Service Team by being the first point of contact for our customers banking requirements, take ownership of their individual needs and deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Play an integral part in customer education around HSBC digital services and fraud awareness
- Identify customers who are in vulnerable situations and determine the best way we can support them
- Helping our customers with more complex banking needs to ensure they feel supported in their choices and any challenges can be resolved
Where & When you’ll work
Our team operate between Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00 and Saturday 09:00-13:30 (Not all our branches are open on a Saturday)
We are currently recruiting Full and Part Time Customer Service Opportunities across various Branches in our Local Market which include:
Reading Area including..
- Bracknell High St
- Henley on Thames
- Reading Broad St
There may be times when we may ask you to support other local branches within a reasonable distance to you with any additional costs reimbursed in line with HSBC Expenses Policy.
You’ll enjoy a full induction and training course of 4 weeks in total. It is run virtually and is designed to get you up to speed with the specifics of your job role, the systems you will use, as well as the products and services that HSBC offer.
Training is Monday to Friday
As the training is intensive it is important that you are able to attend the whole course, so consequently, you will be unable to take holidays during your training period.
If you join us on a Part Time basis we recognise that our training hours may not fit into your days/hours of work and will pay overtime or offer time back in lieu of any additional hours worked during your training period.
What You’ll Get!
We offer an attractive starting salary of £21,299 plus an annual discretionary performance bonus.
You will also receive:
- Over six weeks’ holiday. This includes bank and public holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 35 hours holiday
- Perks at Work Benefit where you will be able to access to 30,000+ national & local employee discounts. Over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Fashion, Entertainment, Travel and Home & Garden to name a few.
- A market-leading employer Pension contribution*
- Access to “My Choice” Flexible benefits platform where you have access a whole range of optional benefits you can get hold of including: Health Club Memberships, Retail Voucher Cards, Car Breakdown Cover and Health Cash plan including dental to name a few.
- BUPA Healthcare
- Life Assurance, equivalent to four times your annual salary
- Sharesave schemes – a monthly savings plan linked to an option to buy shares in HSBC at a discounted rate.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which strive to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
- Pension core contribution of 10% on first £21,200 of pensionable salary and 9% on any remaining salary over £21,200 plus 7% matching contributions
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 2078328500