About the job
Customer Service Representative
What you’ll do
The role of a Customer Service Representative is to provide our customers with an outstanding service we can all be proud of, by taking ownership of customer’s transactional or service requests and answering specific product queries. Our Customer Service Representatives also educate our customers around HSBC self-service devices and actively speak to them around HSBC’s digital platforms, giving our customers the choice of how they wish to bank with us.
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering an outstanding customer experience, people who are ambitious and have a helpful personality. Previous Customer Service experience is helpful, but is not essential, what we are really interested in is someone who can hold a conversation who has a genuine passion for going above and beyond for customers – everything else we can teach you!
At HSBC we are passionate about coaching and developing our people, you will have access to our learning platform and will have the opportunity to develop yourself and your career further.
Within this role you will;
- Provide exceptional face to face customer service in a timely manner whilst working in a fast-paced busy Branch environment and adhering to our policies and procedures
- Process a wide range of transactions, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Play a supporting role in educating our customers around HSBC self-service devices and alternative digital banking platforms
- Collaborate as part of the dynamic Branch team and actively seek to improve workflows and processes to make banking with HSBC easier for our customers
What do I need to be successful?
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills enabling you to engage in effective conversations, build strong connections and show empathy to our customers
- The ability to take ownership of customer enquiries through to resolution, you will pride yourself on delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations, delivering a personalised, friendly & efficient service
- Be resilient to a continuous changing environment
When & Where you’ll work
Our Full-Time roles are 35 hours per week between the hours of Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00 and Saturday 09:00-13:30. (Not all our branches are open on a Saturday)
We are currently recruiting Full and Part Time Customer Service Opportunities across various Branches in our Local Market which include:
- Worthing Goring Rd
- Worthing Warwick St
There may be times when we may ask you to support other local branches within a reasonable distance to you with any additional costs reimbursed in line with HSBC Expenses Policy.
You’ll receive full training in branch to get you up to speed with the specifics of your job role, the systems you will use, as well as the products and services that HSBC offer. Our Customer Service Representative training course is 8 days in total split over 2 weeks.
As our training is important, we require you to attend the whole course therefore you will be unable to take holidays during your training period.
What You’ll Get!
We offer an attractive minimum starting salary of £20,020 based on 35 hours per week, plus an annual discretionary performance bonus.
You will also receive:
- Over six weeks’ holiday. This includes bank and public holidays with the option to buy more
- Perks at Work Benefit where you will be able to access to 30,000+ national & local employee discounts
- A market-leading employer Pension contribution
- BUPA Healthcare
- Life Assurance, equivalent to four times your annual salary
- Access to a flexible benefits platform offering upgrades to Health Club Memberships, Retail Voucher Cards, Car Breakdown Cover and more
- Sharesave schemes – a monthly savings plan linked to an option to buy shares in HSBC at a discounted rate
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 2078328500