About the job
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
Some Careers Open More Doors Than Others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance.
HSBC Market & Securities Services (MSS) provides comprehensive global, regional and domestic fund services including fund administration, global custody and sub-custody settlement and services.
We are currently seeking a professional to join our team in the role of: Derivatives Analyst
This role will provide Derivative support across all Investment Operations Middle Office Clients. Encompassing key processes and controls across a variety of Derivative products from Exchange Traded Futures and Options to OTC Derivatives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out Trade Matching and Lifecycle Management of OTC and ETD Derivatives
- Analysis and reporting of complex data exceptions to agreed guidelines
- Ensuring that current procedures and checklists meet the requirements of Audit, FIM, external regulators and Operations Risk and Control
- Dealing with client and broker queries in a professional and timely manner
- Being involved in ad-hoc project work and managing client change requests such as on-boarding new funds, custody transfers and trading of new OTC and ETD products
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Solid understanding of Derivative products is preferential although other investment knowledge will be considered
- Exemplary communications skills with the ability to build up rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders
- Track record of working accurately within tight timescales with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a small team
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills are key
- Exposure to the Calypso or Aladdin Platform would be beneficial
- Graduate level candidates and/or individuals with a CISI/IMC qualification are desirable but not essential
The role has a hybrid working pattern allowing for home based and office based working out of HSBC offices in Edinburgh.
The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything they do, both individually and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of: Dependable and do the right thing, Open to different ideas and cultures, Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 2078328500