About the job
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our Technology teams work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world; to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data-centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined Technology teams include amongst others: DevSecOps engineers, IT architects, front and back-end developers, infrastructure specialists, cybersecurity experts, and delivery, project and programme managers.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2023 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Priveleged Access Devops Engineer to join HSBC.
Brief Overview Of The Business Area
IAM Technology is a global engineering and development team providing Identity and Access Management technology for HSBC. We provide and support many of the Bank’s most critical IAM infrastructure services including Active Directory, Privileged Access Management and Access Governance. We are passionate about providing high-quality, automated and self service solutions to our customers.
Purpose of the job:
Technical Specialists within IAM Technology are usually focussed on one technical area or product, working in an Agile pod within a globally diverse team. This role reports into the Technical Service Owner of Privileged Access Management global services. The role holder will work as a DevOps Engineer in one of the Privileged Access Engineering Agile pods. The candidate will have the opportunity of working on;
- HSBC Secret Management 5-year strategy program
- Defining and delivery solutions for HashiCorp Vault consumers
- Driving PAM service improvements through automation
- Improving adoption of DevOps practices through the PAM team
What you will be doing;
- Involved in design, build and support of HSBC global PAM services
- Primary assignment will be to the HashiCorp Vault Engineering Agile pod
- Consulting with consumers of Vault to define and deliver solutions
- Taking ownership root-cause-analysis for major or repeat incidents
- Applying expertise and experience to mature HSBC’s use of this product
- Seek ways of automating, and building self-service into our processes
- Representing IAM “outwards” to manage quality of service delivered
- Maintain a strong and proactive relationship with the PAM vendors
- Taking the lead on projects and initiatives when required
- Taking responsibility for audit and compliance requests when required
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Experience of at least one Privileged Access Management tool (TPAM, Cyberark, Centrify/Delinea, HashiCorp)
- Strong understanding of Privileged Access Management and Secrets Management concepts
- Experience of at least one programming or coding language in depth and code management tools (Github)
- Experience of DevOps practices used in a large enterprise, preferably using Terraform to build automation
- Skills in one or more of the following; Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Github
- Understanding and experience of technologies deployed at a large scale in a global IT enterprise
- Experience of working in an Agile team – managing workload in Jira and engagements in Jira Service Desk
Ideal candidate requirements:
- Experience of either (or preferably both) UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Ability to adapt and understand new technologies – being self-motivated to learn
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and report-writing skills
- Ability to interact appropriately with users of various technical skill levels
- Ability to work in a multi country, culturally diverse and time-zone separated role.
This role can be based in Birmingham or Sheffield.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
You can find out more about the recruitment journey and what to expect by viewing our Recruitment Process FAQs in HR Direct and by clicking here (only available via internal access).
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0) 207 832 8500