About the job
Head of Risk Stewardship Analytics
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As the Head of Risk Stewardship Analytics you will work closely with the Global Head of Regulatory & Risk Assessment Analytics to help define and deliver a strategy to support Compliance’s vision of being an intelligence led, data driven organisation. In addition, you will champion the effective use of advanced analytics by developing strategy and designing and delivering a sustainable programme of activity to support the business in data driven decision making.
Compliance Analytics develops and maintains analytical products and provides services to help identify emergent risks proactively, quickly and effectively to support the prevention, detection and mitigation of compliance risk this includes both Financial Crime and regulatory Compliance (FCC & RC).The function provide industry leading qualitative and quantitative insight into financial crime and regulatory risk at a strategic and tactical level for all markets, line of business, products and regions to inform and support growth and ensure robust mitigation of risks.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
In this role, you will:
- Direct accountability for design, development and delivery of bespoke analytics tools and products to meet a broad variety of operational, risk, and efficiency goals for stakeholders across Regulatory Conduct and Financial Crime for the risk stewardship community
- Drive a team of diverse skillsets to develop and enhance models and applications to support risk stewards and address emerging and bespoke risks.
- Develop and drive strategy and development capacity for risk assessment and conduct based products and services across all value streams.
- Adhere to Group and regulatory standards, the appropriate deployment of resources, the attainment of agreed operating plan objectives and the day-to-day management of business requirements.
- Model governance procedures to support effective and safe deployment of prototypes and developed solutions.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Understanding of financial crime/regulatory conduct, their risks and direct experience of deployment of controls and analytics to manage those risks
- Solid understanding of data science principles and techniques including machine learning, modelling, regression, graph analytics, NLP
- Relevant domain knowledge in at least one area of compliance, risk, conduct, consumer duty, financial crime etc.
- Experience of visualisation tools and techniques including Qlik and Tableu
- Solid understanding of data & architecture concepts including cloud, ETL, Ontology, Data Modelling.
- Experience of using JIRA, GIT, Confluence, Teams, Slack, Advanced Excel
The role offers remote working flexibility, your work location will be based in Sheffield with the expectation to be in the office one to two days a week.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 2078328500