About the job
Infrastructure Data Engineer
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains, we are currently seeking an experienced Infrastructure Data Engineer HSBC Technology.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Design, develop and maintain the next generation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform, with a focus on constructing and managing pipelines, provide all services via APIs, increase automation, availability, and performance. Work with our Agile Teams, Architects, and Customer Success Managers, to identify and implement optimal solutions for the platform and our customers.
You should have specialist experience with:
- Fluentbit and Fluentd technologies
- Fluentbit and fluentd architecture knowledge
- Installing and configuring fluentbit and fluentd
- Detailed knowledge in support and troubleshooting fluentbit and fluentd
- Experience integrating fluentd and fluentbit plugins with third party products
- Experience automating fluentd and fluentbit deployments
You should have good knowledge of
- Linux Operating System
- Comfortable working within Linux command shell
- Bash scripting skills
- Linux operating system metrics
- Product Engineering and technical testing
- Creation of test plans and expected outcomes
- Test plan execution and completion records
- Test automation within a CI/CD pipeline
- Source Control experience specifically using Git and GitHub tools
- Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment through CI Pipelines
- Jenkins and Ansible product knowledge is beneficial
- Infrastructure as Code experience using puppet and heira
- Good understanding of IaC concepts
- Ability to read and understand puppet manifests, modules and heira structure.
- Exposure to other IaC tools like terraform would be beneficial.
Some exposure to the following products will be considered an advantage
- Puppet Enterprise
- TimeSeries DB products such as Prometheus and InfluxDB
The candidate should also have some direct experience in the following
- Supporting and working with BI and Analytics teams in a dynamic environment
- Able to collaborate and effectively pair program with other engineers
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Work with Agile methodology, working within a Pod participating in standups and problem solving meetings
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.