About the job
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our Technology teams work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world; to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data-centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined Technology teams include amongst others: DevSecOps engineers, IT architects, front and back-end developers, infrastructure specialists, cybersecurity experts, and delivery, project and programme managers.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2023 and beyond, we are currently seeking an IT Lending Architect, to join HSBC.
Purpose of the job:
The Lending Architecture team is key to HSBC Banking, being responsible for a range of existing and future propositions in the credit card, loans and associated space. The team works across the lending landscape, designing solutions across a range of channels and though both digital and core platforms.
What you will be doing;
- Accountable for end to end solution design; strategically aligned, cost effective architecture solutions that adhere to platform architecture roadmaps and overall enterprise architecture strategy
- Working alongside a wide range of stakeholders, providing architecture direction and leadership to teams
- Create relationships with sponsors to define and support business strategy and technology roadmaps
- Able to manage risk; Effectively manage and escalate risks and issues
- Ensure relevant architecture governance and standards are met
- Mentor and support others
- Partner with external suppliers to define architecture patterns and integration approaches
- Stay up to date with technology trends and communicate to peers and stakeholders
- Significant background in financial services or related industry. Lending or Cards experience is considered a plus.
- Experience in delivering solutions over a number of years either as an architect or in roles other than architecture
- Proven ability to deliver in a matrixed organisation, including working collaboratively and resolving conflicts
- Able to work with ambiguous problems and create solutions through excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfortable collaborating with a range of stakeholders to develop solutions, across both business and IT organisations
- Knowledge of, or certification in at least one cloud platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt communications appropriately to the audience
- Awareness of infrastructure, integration, data, messaging or security are also relevant technical skills.
- Ability to be pragmatic, flexible, have a sense of ownership, develop networks, and be culturally sensitive are also relevant personal attributes.
This role can be based out of Birmingham, Sheffield or Leeds – remote working can also be considered.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
You can find out more about the recruitment journey and what to expect by viewing our Recruitment Process FAQs in HR Direct and by clicking here (only available via internal access).
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0) 207 832 8500