About the job
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
Fund Services provides Investment Administration and Performance Consultancy services to Investment Managers and Pension Funds worldwide, including potential services to other parts of the HSBC Group. Fund Services intends to set new quality standards in a competitive environment, to help attract and retain a blue-chip client base.
We are currently seeking a professional to join our Fund Services team in the role of: Manager – Private Assets
The position is to provide technical accounting oversight to UK private asset book, involving real estate, private debt and private equity asset classes This will cover multiple fund ranges from ACS, PAIF’s, segregated mandates, insurance funds and SPV structures.
The successful applicant will be proactive in managing change, and working on a stand alone basis to investigate complex accounting standard cross domiciles. A good client facing approach is essential.
The job holder will also be involved in designing appropriate ops model and robust processes to embed within structures and play oversight role once in BAU.
In this role, you will deal with and be exposed to:
- Provide expertise to accounting requirements across the asset class and fund jurisdictions.
- Assist with new technology repercussions of integrating these asset classes within operational mode.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with client contacts and third parties such as audit firms and external technology providers.
- Continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Group accounting consolidations
- Production of financial statements under IFRS and FRS standards
Required knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable management experience and a track record of building and progressing dynamic teams
- Qualified or QBE accountant
- Strong Real Estate infrastructure equity experience
- Working knowledge of Horizon or Investra systems (desirable)
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 2078328500