Website Dudley Council
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Network Specialist within the team that provides research, maintenance, development, and support service for the Authority’s enterprise infrastructure. You must have excellent technical and communication skills, with current experience of configuring, installing, and supporting a range of network hardware and software in a large technological enterprise environment.
- Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness.
- The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so.
- The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
- If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via [email protected]
- If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
- If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via [email protected]
- Staff Counselling Service – In-house access for all with a variety of therapeutic approaches to suit the individual needs of each client
- Wellbeing – a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing
- Occupational Health – a service to support you to stay well at work, both physically and mentally
- Family Friendly Policies – Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Corporate Gym Membership – across Dudley Borough Leisure Centres
- A generous Local Government Pension
- Agile Working – supporting and promoting a positive work/life balance Flexible Working – to include Agile Working (dependant on the needs of the service), Flexible Retirement
- Annual Leave – from 25 days up to 33 days (Plus Bank Holidays and 1 extra Statutory Day) Depending upon Salary and Length of Service
- Learning & Development / Apprenticeships – A varied offering of in-house and external learning interventions and professional development
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Qualification & Experience:
- The ability to negotiate and liaise with 3rd party suppliers as well as internal customers
- The ability to be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision in a performance driven environment against specific targets.
- Substantial experience of working with hardware and software in a Microsoft and Cisco environment
- Experience of working as part of a highly professional team
- Excellent working knowledge of Networks Infrastructures LAN’s and WAN’s and Cloud based solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of IP based CCTV and Access Control systems
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads.
Company: Dudley Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dudley, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here