Website John Lewis
This role has an additional Shift Premium of 20%
Please note this role is 42 hours per week. This is a shift work pattern of 14 x 12.5 hour shifts in every 28 day cycle. You will be working a combination of day and night shifts.
Day shifts: 05.45 – 18.15
Night shifts: 18.45 – 06.15
What’s the role about?
John Lewis Magna Park is an industry-leading semi-automated facility.
The site operates 24-7 with engineering presence on-site to provide structured planned preventative/remedial disciplines and reactive response to a complex building services infrastructure, supporting in excess of £150m of materials-handling automation equipment, constantly evolving with continued site development investment.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Electrical Engineering Technician you will play a critical part in the operation of the site, providing technical presence on-site, working within building services, mechanical systems, MHE, HVAC, automation, power and data networks, to provide fault-diagnoses and remedial response confidently.
- Carry-out technical planned preventative maintenance and reactive tasks, complying with H&S governance, legislation and institutional standards / SLAs
- Providing competent fault-finding and accurate fault diagnoses on electro-mechanical systems and building services with an ability to technically advise the leadership team or Head of Branch in the event of an emergency
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic drawings and fault-find to component level.
- Collaborative working with automation project and repair teams to expedite working solutions.
- Support with branch change-works and development projects.
- Carry out operational processes to minimise business risk and loss.
- Demonstrate flexibility to support other areas on campus.
- Understand and use engineering infrastructure IT Systems
What you’ll already have:
- Qualified to City & Guilds 2360 / 2330 Parts 1, 2 & 3, BTEC ONC / HNC, JIB Approved electrician or NVQ Level 3 equivalent
- City & Guilds Qualification in mechanical discipline or NVQ 6018 ‘Heating & Ventilation Industrial and Commercial Installations’
- City & Guilds 2391 Electrical Inspection & testing
- Working knowledge of BS7671, 18th Edition Electrical Installation Regulations & associated legislative standards, working knowledge of Building Regulations
- Able to demonstrate experience in Building Environmental and Electrical Services including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning within the building services industry
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early .
The application form consists of a CV upload, an online test followed by application questions. Please ensure you refresh the page each time you complete a task to ensure you complete everything that you need to in time.