Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
Team And Role Overview
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
The CIB Data Governance Office (‘DGO’) sits within the CIB Chief Data & Analytics Office (‘CDAO’) and is responsible for governance and oversight of the data management strategy, requirements and programs. Key to the success of the DGO is establishing frameworks that provide assurances to the CIB and Firmwide Chief Data Officers (‘CDOs’) that the CIB is compliant with data management requirements through the delivery of effective capabilities.
The team works closely with Firmwide Data Assurance, Control Management, Compliance and Legal in order to define standards which drive consistent data management practices, and works across the CIB and with other LOBs in order to develop processes, tools and controls to support data management and embed data best practices and capabilities.
Data is a key priority and focus of the CIB . This is an ideal, high profile and very high visibility opportunity for a suitable candidate to showcase talent and skillsets.
The DGO is a growing team and as such is looking for a candidate to support the continued build out and evolution of the function. The individual will be supporting multiple data initiatives and programs across the CIB, working both locally and globally. The person will be responsible for working with teams across the CIB overseeing delivery of a select number of initiatives, whilst playing an active data-centric role in multiple other initiatives as well as performing BAU activities. The role will require working on multiple priorities simultaneously.
Typical Responsibilities Include
- Support the design, build and project management of Data Governance dashboards including data sourcing, extraction, transformation, loading and visualization (Tableau / Qlik) including metric calculations and thresholds
- Produce and disseminate MIS reporting including from dashboards and other manual sources as needed, including training metrics sourced from HR (eLearning reports)
- Maintain CIB DGO documentation (procedures, charters, operating models, job aids, etc.) including tracking of periodic refreshes
- Track and chase the completion of tasks within the CIB CDAO and the CIB sub-LOBs e.g. training completion, surveys, etc.
- Help create presentations to assist in delivering consistent messages to our partners, stakeholders, regulators and clients
- Support the adoption and implementation of the CIB Data Owner and CDO governance roles and responsibilities as needed
- Perform Data Governance duties such as maintain meeting schedules and attendee lists, collating materials, taking and disseminating minutes, recording and chasing action items.
- Maintain any required Data Governance inventories (e.g. database of Policy ‘must statements’) including chasing for completion, review, confirmation and evergreen maintenance.
- Assist the global Data Governance team as needed in any other duties to provide LOB level support and guidance.
- Support the DGO team in partnering with CIB CDAO executives in defining and delivering a best-in-class data strategy that makes data a first-class citizen
- Help to implement a framework for mapping out an inventory of data management obligations aligned to capabilities
- Work with global and local SMEs to continuously maintain such an inventory
- Help to implement a model for creating CIB specific policies, standards, procedures and guidance documents that are consistent across CIB CDAO capabilities
- Produce and maintain centralised global and local documents where needed
- Adhere to program governance requirements such as tracking program deliverables within scorecards, preparing regular program updates, etc.
- Produce program metrics for reporting to the CIB sub-LOBs and functions, Firmwide Data Assurance and CIB CDAO executives
- Perform activities that give assurances to CIB and Firmwide CDOs that requirements are being met e.g. testing for adherence to process / procedures
- Provide close support and partnership to Controls Management with respect to Data Risks and their governance through the CDAO Business Control Forum (‘BCF’)
- Partner closely with capability leads, businesses and functions, and control managers for Data Risk identification
- Help to deliver an appropriate training, awareness and communication strategy / campaign
- Act as a trusted partner to the business and provide advisory services as needed
- Support the business in implementing data ownership
- Act as liaison / quality control point between control managers and the capability leads, businesses and functions for any Audit, Regulatory and Client requests
- Help drive our strategic vision of enabling data use while protecting data as an asset to the firm, and help promote this culture with the business
- Perform periodic book of work reviews to ensure the DGO remains focused on priority activities
- Help implement our strategic data governance agenda including the use of vendor technology and automation to streamline governance activities
- Create and manage project plans, tasks lists and presentations and coordinate across cross-functional teams
- Partner closely with our AI/ML teams, AI Research, QR, Front Office, Business Managers, Operations and Technology teams
- The candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work effectively with management and other stakeholders to support the goals of the business
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and communication skills, including use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Tableau, Qlik or Alteryx is a bonus
- Demonstrated interest in emerging technology and big data in the financial services industry
- Strong data analysis, data management and problem-solving skills; business analysis skills are a plus
- Effective influencing and persuasion skills with groups outside of core team; ability to build consensus
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to thrive in a changing work environment
- Ability to execute tasks under aggressive targets and effectively manage to changes in plan
- Knowledge of banking and markets businesses and high-level transaction flow a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.