Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it’s about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Digital Risk & Control Analyst
We are seeking an individual to be embedded full-time within the Marketing and Content teams to help prevent, detect and mitigate compliance, regulatory and reputational risk and help to strengthen the firm’s culture of compliance. This is a 1st line of defence role that is supporting a delivery team and is actively involved in that delivery.
You will be expected to apply knowledge of FCA and ASA standards when reviewing customer facing information, financial promotions and marketing materials. You will help implement controls, policies, procedures and undertake training. You will investigate compliance risks and breaches and support responses to regulatory inquiries for the Marketing and Content functions. You will have attention to detail, sound judgment, can quickly adapt to changing priorities and handle challenge from senior stakeholders.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious and honest, passionate, hungry individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of product leaders and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
- Review, challenge and provide guidance on customer facing information, financial promotions and marketing materials.
- Provide compliance advisory services directly within the Marketing and Content functions in a rapidly developing business unit of the firm.
- Assist with designing and delivering new digital controls and exploring ways to automate and streamline processes to ensure rapid delivery of compliant content in all areas, including marketing content through to in-app design/UX content.
- Develop a detailed understanding of FCA/ASA regulations and how these relate to the promotions created and wider customer communications.
- Work closely with product delivery squads to ensure that we are providing great customer outcomes and meeting regulatory requirements. Challenge, justify, negotiate and propose solutions.
- Take a proactive, hands on approach, making recommendations regarding necessary edits for all financial promotion communications and materials.
- Develop comprehensive policies, procedures, checklists, training materials, and assist with controls and control testing plans.
- Advise and inform development of digital strategies where compliance is paramount.
- Partner with technology teams on continued development of infrastructure for approval and archival of financial promotions.
- Ensure customer communication in any form including financial promotions are clear, accurate and balanced so that they can make informed choices about our products and services.
- Horizon scanning and implementing regulatory changes.
- Refine and prepare regular risk control assessments
- Liaising with internal stakeholders across other 1st line functions (e.g. Legal) and 2nd line functions (such as Compliance, Global Financial Crime Compliance, Operational Risk and Technology Operational Risk).
Experience and Qualifications
- Basic financial services product knowledge
- Strong team player with good interpersonal and excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Must be resilient and have strong attention to detail
- Must be self-directed, able to prioritise and be positive, driven and effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable taking initiative and working across multiple business lines/jurisdictions.
- Ability to make complex matters easy to understand, whether presenting or giving written feedback.
- Able to work effectively within a team or autonomously as required.
- Able to engage with the business in a credible and collaborative fashion and face challenge from senior business stakeholders.
- Secondary European language would be desirable.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.