Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
The Digital Private Markets business division seeks to hire an experienced Software Engineering Leader to manage software development of a large scale corporate integration of a recently acquired business, Global Shares.
Founded in 2005, Global Shares is a leading cloud-based provider of share plan management software. Global Shares’ employee ownership solutions cover the entire company lifecycle, and caters to corporates worldwide. Global Shares has an expansive client base of over 600 corporate clients that range from early-stage start-ups to mature multinational public corporations. The firm has nearly $200 billion in assets under administration across 650,000 corporate employee participants. It operates with an experienced team of more than 600 employees headquartered in Cork, Ireland and 16 further locations across Europe, the Middle East & Africa, North America and Asia Pacific.
Your mission is to lead the evolution of our product and technology strategy, along with building a growing team of software engineers. You should be a highly motivated and inquisitive senior engineering leader, with in-depth knowledge of the web ecosystem – from mobile and desktop to the cloud. You will work closely with the leadership team. You should have a desire to wear multiple hats. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a senior technical leadership position and deep expertise in building and shipping consumer facing products. Global Shares is growing rapidly so candidates should have experience hiring and supporting teams of engineers. You’re also the kind of person that isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty – day to day management of technical projects and members of the dev team. In the long-term, you’ll grow & develop the technical team to build a scalable technology infrastructure and enable Global Shares growth.
- Provide technical leadership, people and project management to the entire engineering team
- Ensure effective internal communications both within the software development team and across the organization
- Accountable for the delivery of on time and high-quality software product releases
- Accountable for technology and delivery decision making
People Management and Scaling the Organization
- Guide, coach and mentor team members
- Establish clear organizational structures and career and succession plans for all software engineering staff in line with anticipated growth
- Provide support for all staff in keeping with our values, policies and procedures
- Ensure that the skills and experience of software engineering teams are consistent with the needs of Global Shares
Delivery Planning & Tracking
- Involved in strategic planning to accomplish our short- and long-term goals
- Provide delivery status information to the Management Team and ensure proactive communication of challenges, risks and blockers
- Work effectively with Product, Customer Success teams to ensure delivery against agreed priorities
- Deep experience leading software product development using .NET technology, include C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Angular 2
- Experience building cloud native or cloud ready applications using Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Thorough Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design, TDD/DDD, cloud computing and data structures
- Experience building out RESTful APIs
- Understanding of source control and experience working with tools such as Azure DevOps, GitHub
- Strong understanding of Agile delivery methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field of study
- Experience in LINQ/Elasticsearch/JQuery / Ajax
- Experience recruiting and building development teams from ground up
- Experience working with a product organization
- Experience using CI/CD tools
- Experience in Microservices architecture
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.