Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
We are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Event Manager ideally from a Financial Services background to join our exciting and rewarding CIB Events team.
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Events team partners with business stakeholders to ensure the strategic positioning and flawless execution of events, deliver consistent and best-in-class relationship and business development opportunities for our clients and ultimate impact to bottom line revenue. This role will focus on supporting our Investment Banking Coverage business working with senior management, regional bankers and business management teams to deliver a number of key events both within the UK and Europe. This is a permanent role.
- Responsible for the organisation of conferences and events, from concept to completion to support J.P. Morgan activity throughout EMEA and working across the firm at all levels
- Act as the sole planner on some events and as part of a team working with line of business partners on a day to day basis
- Work closely with other team members on larger events
- Understand and apply complex internal processes and controls to adhere with company policies and industry regulations
- Aggressively manage a budget and stay within strict parameters, negotiating costs with suppliers
- Manage and instruct internal and external vendors and suppliers, ensuring quality and value standards are maintained
- Ability to think strategically, execute quality output under tight deadlines and work extra hours as needed
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Relevant experience in event management or event marketing, ideally in a global Financial Services environment
- Strong analysis and project management skills
- Superior oral and written communications and analytical skills
- Able to deliver messages clearly and succinctly; help to respond to senior management
- Demonstrate solid leadership skills and attributes, has a high level of energy and integrity, demonstrates respect for a diversity of opinions and styles, and is not afraid of accountability and responsibility
- Highly motivated, flexible, enthusiastic, innovative and creative with required determination to achieve results through initiative and common sense
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment with dynamic priorities
- Languages would be beneficial, particularly French
- A successful team player with proven capability of reaching proposed targets and supporting team members with their events, as necessary
- Comfortable with, and an advocate for, ongoing change
- Comfortable working in a matrix management organisation structure
- Ability to travel 10-25% of the time within Europe
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.