Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
About The Team
J.P. Morgan is transforming the future of private banking by incorporating strong Research and Design disciplines along with emerging technologies into the products and services we create. Our team, which sits within J.P. Morgan’s Digital and Data Transformation Team, serves J.P Morgan Private Bank clients as well as their advisors. We deliver impactful experiences for over 30,000 Ultra High Net Worth Clients internationally and 45 million clients in the U.S, working alongside a global product and engineering team of over 3,000 people.
We develop and refine the tools that are essential for helping our clients grow, maintain, and make their money work smarter so they can reach their financial goals. The products we design must add value and strengthen the relationship between our clients and their advisors, while adding minimal complexity to their already busy lives. To do our job well, we utilize user-centered techniques to help us break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can’t.
About The Role
The ideal candidate for this role is a thought-leader capable of making data-driven decisions to improve process and prioritize outcomes. You know how to solve hard problems and make complex simple, collaborating with cross-functional teams to envision plan for, and deliver high-quality experiences at scale. You inspire other program managers, designers, researchers, product managers and engineers by creating compelling programmatic and operational vision and collaborate across the organisation to execute it. In doing so, you elevate the craft of your team, help build a thriving culture of continuous learning and improve the experiences for our users in the process.
Areas Of Responsibility
- Lead our operational strategy and delivery to maximise the impact and value of customer-centric design thinking
- Run design operations, responding to and resolving questions, issues, and business problems to help the capability run efficiently
- Create and introduce right processes and structure for the design team to flourish
- Facilitate opportunities to drive progress against goals and objectives, and establishing clear measurable metrics
- Manage stakeholders and proactively solve issues affecting design quality
- Push for design consistency and excellence for design deliverables next steps and owners, and resolving blocks that impede progress
- Act as a bridge between the Design team and the Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing teams by making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for
- Proactively assess risk, raising flags, and resolving issues before they become problems for the larger team
- Collaborate across all disciplines in the business ensuring communication is efficient
- Help hire and onboard new design team members
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience in roles as design operations lead or manager, digital producer, supporting design teams and developing relationships.
- 5+years managing a team
- Experience overseeing and efficiently managing design planning and deliverables across the business
- Experience establishing internal frameworks and managing company-wide adoption of set standards to improve cross-functional focus and prioritization
- Strong understanding of multidisciplinary design processes, design system and toolkits
- Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Experience working in partnership with senior stakeholders
- Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with stakeholders at all levels
- Passionate about creating customer-centric design
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
We Value Diversity
We value the unique skills of every person in our team, and we are building an organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global team tackling big challenges that impact people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you. Apply today, and put your passion for experience design to work with us.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.