Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
The Business Change Control Programs Team manage a number of CIB wide control programs, representing the Front office to design and implement technology solutions and controls processes to ensure the Business adherence to their control requirements, both regulatory and Compliance policies. The Team work closely with the CIB Front office and corporate functions globally, designing and implementing solutions and managing the continued monitoring and oversight of the Business.
The CIB Controls Electronic Communication Program is a multi-dimensional program incorporating either leading and/or oversight of new approved communication channels for the CIB and ensuring a robust and effective control framework is in place. The framework is designed to meet key control, regulatory and oversight/surveillance requirements – in addition to internal policies – whilst meeting the demand of business end users. Recent new channel examples include WeCom and business-approved version(s) of WhatsApp.
The CIB Controls Electronic Communications Program works closely with business sponsors to implement effective solutions and ensuring these are subject to the required controls and approval processes. The program includes engagement with multiple stakeholder groups including Legal, Compliance, Technology, Cybersecurity and Technology Controls (CTC) and Control Management.
A dynamic, innovative, driven and experienced Program Manager is required to lead a number of Programs related to systemic enhancements and controls process design and implementation, defining the roadmap, governance framework to ensure the Business adherence to meet their regulatory and policy requirements.
The Program manager will manage a Business change program ensuring the end to end requirements are delivered whilst effectively influencing key stakeholders and communicating with the Front office. Management and negotiation will be required to ensure systemic enhancements are prioritised appropriately within the Technology teams to facilitate the successful delivery of the defined roadmap which will enhance controls, improve reporting and boost the user experience whilst maintaining adherence to ongoing and changing policies and regulations.
- Program management of multiple systemic and controls programs
- Design and implementation of business plan and strategy to promote the attainment of goals, including Governance framework
- Ensure all initiatives are planned appropriately by effective identification of actions, dependencies, time constraints and milestones. Correct and appropriate allocation of execution owners and effective planning of these resource requirements.
- Timely identification and appropriate evaluation of Risks and Issues with correct remedial action and planning to resolve allowing program’s success. Drive progress through effective escalation to stakeholders of these.
- Initiate extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise, as needed
- Design end to end control solutions both for new technology builds and manual control frameworks, partnering and influencing stakeholders to reach agreement
- Provide timely, consistent and accurate reporting of the status of the initiatives to Stakeholders, impacted LOB’s and Corporate
- Ensure effective quality assurance and integrity within the program.
- Maintaining strong interfaces with other inter-dependent programs identifying cross program solutions
- Lead the personnel within the program team ensuring tasks are delegated responsibly, performance is managed correctly and the team is motivated effectively
- Be aware of key business objectives, and ensure these are applied appropriately to all business activities
- Involvement in other key global, strategic initiatives, as directed
Competencies And Skills
- Proven experience as program manager or relevant role
- Excellent organizational, leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve, design end to end solutions and identify opportunities to continuously enhance existing processes
- Understanding of the CORE framework and requirements & CIB Business
- Proactive, self-starter able to consistently deliver work of a high standard whilst under pressure, comfortable working independently in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong skills in time management with the ability to manage complex work plans, conflicting priorities and the ability to multi-task when required.
- Experience of working, influencing and networking within a matrix environment
- Team player who works well with colleagues of all levels in achieving results, and willing to take personal accountability
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities, attention to detail and ability to present work accurately and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems
- Strong presentation skills including generating presentations and effectively communicating to management
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.