Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of the firm’s business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives you the ability to contribute to wide range of exciting projects. Our developers enjoy working with front office, quants and other technology teams.
The people who thrive in Athena are hands-on developers, who enjoy solving challenging technical problems. You’re someone who has strong computer science foundations and is comfortable working across different platforms and languages. You’re inspired by working in a collaborative, fast-changing environment with a high degree of code sharing and reuse. As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll be tasked with improving the design, analytics, development, and testing that goes into creating high quality software and new products, and keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key.
Skills Required To Be Considered For This Role
- Minimum of 5 years Python Development experience
- Minimum of 2 years of C++ Development experience
- Strong understanding algorithms and data structure, operating systems etc.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Relational Data processing
- Stream processing experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.