Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
We are seeking an experienced Analytics Developer with strong Python knowledge and ideally some experience in Spark and AWS to help the Securities Services business deliver on a major JP Morgan initiative called ‘Fusion’ – a new client distribution platform. The role will also involve helping the internal business improve efficiency, increase revenue, optimize the operating model and risk framework, and create value added data driven Products for our clients.
This is a software engineering role. The successful candidate will work closely with Data Scientists, Quantitative Research, Product Development and Product Business users to develop applications within our Python-based Analytics platforms (Fusion and Athena). They will also assist with the build-out a cloud-based data platform to support the development of analytics and operational solutions.
This is a hands-on role requiring the design and development of applications. The successful candidate will contribute to the analytics strategy and help ensure cross-application data & logic consistency and optimisation. They will write code (predominately Python and Spark) to enrich and transform data sets to produce output that will help drive the business forward. A keen interest in statistical analysis, Machine Learning and cloud technologies would be advantageous.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Good Python knowledge and ideally some experience in Spark
- A strong appetite to learn modern technology and AWS
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- BSc degree or equivalent experience
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.